Away Match Day Thread +++ 4/12/2019 Exeter City V OUFC EFL trophy +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunderland fans had the same discussion after they lost to us.
we’re out of the useless.com trophy because we lost.

not overly bothered with this one as long as we get back to winning ways in the league (and if the football gods can see us beat man city) then this will soon be forgotten. COYY

We know we have not got the quality in depth to replace, I'm just happy it's done now and out of the way.
When you have a squad like ours fighting on so many fronts something has to give, get the circus that is Man City out of the way too.
Big December on the league front for us and I hope we are sitting pretty come 2nd Jan.

OWS match report ...

so it isn’t 7 in arow against the scum then is it? After 90 minutes in the 7th game it was a draw.
That game genuinely doesn’t count as tinpot trophy games are deemed reserve team fixtures so that the premiership brats don’t get paid an appearance fee. Fortunately the JPT win against the Moonrakers does stand as that was a first team fixture.

so we can remove last night, Crawley and probably another fixture I’ve forgotten and agree that we’re about 14 first team games unbeaten?

probably.

Does it really matter? I'd rather stick to unbeaten League games as the measure of progress. Let's face it, it's highly likely we will lose in the League Cup in a couple of weeks anyway.

Last edited:
Once it was confirmed a draw I had a feeling that there was only going to be one winner. I'm glad we are out of it, the only time a club makes abit of money out of the competition is if you get to the final, we need to concentrate on the league as we have an oppurtinity this year to be up there.

One of the few benefits of the PL sides slithering into this competition is the bigger prize money. Was it £10k for the win in the dead rubber against Crawley? Bearing in mind, we haven’t earned a penny in prize money from the League Cup run this year despite making it to the QFs, the FLT still offers something.

Perhaps my mood has softened towards it in recent years. The group stage is a good idea and adds an extra game for blooding youngsters (when you can and don’t have your hands tied by the rules) and the prize money is certainly better. As a League 1 side, we’re better equipped than most to go deep in the competition too. I’m still not happy with the Under Twenty-whatever sides being in it though but bearing in mind that early LC/FAC exits can occur, it does give a fallback for some excitement in uneventful run-of-the-mill mid-table seasons at this level.

Maybe I’m reeling from the defeat – and it was a defeat – more than I thought. As mentioned, I’m disappointed that the XI put out didn’t step up and complete the job.

To be fair the team we put out kept a clean sheet and could have won it if Jamie Mackie hadn’t hit the bar with his shot. Just watched the whole game on iFollow and we looked good at first, knocking it about nicely until Exeter realised they needed to close us down.

Attacking wise we weren’t great, Mackie, Hall, Sykes all poor. Agyei and Forde were ok.

Put Cadden, Henry, Fosu and and Taylor into that team and I think we win so let’s not push the panic button just yet

I’m not bothered about this trophy at all. We know where our priorities are this season, and what our objectives are. Exeter can enjoy being in the next round and can go to the final for all I care. As long as we finish in the top two or playoff spots then we have done well. It will be harder for us to do that by remaining in this tournament, so without added fixtures we are in a good place.

I fully expect us to pick up 3 points on Saturday, and move Onwards and upwards. COYY

To be fair the team we put out kept a clean sheet and could have won it if Jamie Mackie hadn’t hit the bar with his shot. Just watched the whole game on iFollow and we looked good at first, knocking it about nicely until Exeter realised they needed to close us down.

Attacking wise we weren’t great, Mackie, Hall, Sykes all poor. Agyei and Forde were ok.

Put Cadden, Henry, Fosu and and Taylor into that team and I think we win so let’s not push the panic button just yet
I was there. It was a very poor performance :(
It doesn't matter what competition it is, we have not looked that bad in a very long time

As an aside to the match last night, its worth noting that as well as Walsall,also Exeter City start their concessionary ticket prices at 60 years old ..... whereas at OUFC its (still) 65

are OUFC senior supporters the EFL equivalent of WASPI women? ;)

Reality is, with only gate receipts as the main/ regular income stream, while OUFC are at the Breeze Block , not introducing concessions to senior OUFC supporters is, to a degree, understandable, on the other hand charging over 60 year olds the full
price, when many , many other EFL Football clubs , and Wembley Stadium have concessions for seniors from 60 years old yet OUFC, currently, do not :cry:

It doesn't matter what competition it is, we have not looked that bad in a very long time
Me too.... agree, in comparison to recent OUFC matches, the overall performance was way below par from what we've become used to

If it was a very poor performance how come we didn’t lose 6-0 instead of drawing 0-0? Yes it was way below how we have been playing but it was a much-changed side who kept a clean sheet and hit the bar. Maybe you were too cold to get a little perspective ?

If it was a very poor performance how come we didn’t lose 6-0 instead of drawing 0-0? Yes it was way below how we have been playing but it was a much-changed side who kept a clean sheet and hit the bar. Maybe you were too cold to get a little perspective ?
it was a below par performance, in comparison to what weve come to expect.... there were relatively few real chances created, our midfield was not as influential as it has been over the past few months.... and it was cold, very cold :oops:

As an aside to the match last night, its worth noting that as well as Walsall,also Exeter City start their concessionary ticket prices at 60 years old ..... whereas at OUFC its (still) 65

are OUFC senior supporters the EFL equivalent of WASPI women? ;)

Reality is, with only gate receipts as the main/ regular income stream, while OUFC are at the Breeze Block , not introducing concessions to senior OUFC supporters is, to a degree, understandable, on the other hand charging over 60 year olds the full
price, when many , many other EFL Football clubs , and Wembley Stadium have concessions for seniors from 60 years old yet OUFC, currently, do not :cry:

If they were to drop concessions from 65 to 60 South Stand revenue generation would fall by 800%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom