Home Match Day Thread +++ 03/09/2019 Leasing.com Trophy : OUFC V Norwich U21 +++

Looking forward to watching on Ifollow tonight.

It would be an excellent run-out for the likes of Agyie, Hall, Fosu and Baptiste. Each needing game time to get back to fitness.

Good to see Forde, Berkoe and Hanson in also. A shame Thorne isn't fit, but really excited about seeing Agyei play.

If it has to be four outfield players that played in the last match - then I'd probably choose Long, Baptiste, Dickie & Moore (the latter two because they need to work on their partnership and understanding - twelve goals against in the last four ain't good).

Then fill the team up around them with players who need some game time:

Stevens
Long Dickie Moore Berkoe
Hanson Baptiste Sykes
Hall Forde
Agyei

Assuming none of them have knocks. And assuming Thorne is not ready to start yet - if he is, then put him in in place of Forde, and push Sykes further forwards...….

And I see that OUFC announced the team at the same time as I was posting!

Well, I got nine right - they've gone with Fosu & Mousinho instead of Moore & Sykes.

Presume Fosu is going to be playing the #10, with Hall out right and Forde out left?

Should be good enough to beat the Norwich yoof…...especially if Carlton Morris is a fair representation of the general standard of their youngsters!

here's the EFL leasing.com rules .... player eligibility in section 7 - its currently 4 outfield players who played in the last match

though as its EFL ... they may tweak them just prior to kick off ...or during the match :oops:

Rules, what rules, Bolton and Bury has pissed on the rules.

Wonder who the five that have to stay in the team for Saturday will be then?

Stevens, Berkoe and Hall seem unlikely
Baptiste and Agyei doubtful (fitness)
Dickie and Fosu seem certainties
So 3 from Mous, Long, Hanson and Forde may start?

I’m going to this one for some reason (because it’s cheap)

I’d like to see:

Stevens
Long Mousinho Jones Berkoe
Hanson
Baptiste Sykes
Hall Agyei Fosu
Sub off Fosu and Baptiste on 60 mins and bring on Thorne and a winger.

Don't forget to turn the lights off when you're finished.

A good lineup imo, starting all the players that need game time without getting fined

The thing is tho not all people stump up cash some pay monthly so I as a non season ticket holder might pay more for my on the day tickets than they do a month so your point is invalid I was saying some people with season tickets don’t bother going to cup games like tonight and the 1st two rounds of the lge cup so why should they get priority over people that bother to turn up just because they have a ST
Get a membership card. Costs a tenner or £15 I think but with £5 to spend in the shop, discount on regular match day tickets AND priority for high demand games.

Baptiste has made a couple of really nice passes. If nothing else, this competition is surely a useful way of nurturing players' match fitness.

Baptiste has made a couple of really nice passes. If nothing else, this competition is surely a useful way of nurturing players' match fitness.

I view it as a reserve team cup, makes it a bit more palatable, at least in the group stages.

Wonder who the five that have to stay in the team for Saturday will be then?

Stevens, Berkoe and Hall seem unlikely
Baptiste and Agyei doubtful (fitness)
Dickie and Fosu seem certainties
So 3 from Mous, Long, Hanson and Forde may start?

So the Qualifying player rule is 4 outfield players who:
a) Started the previous game, or
b) Start the next game, or
c) Is in the list of players with Top Ten appearances on the season, or
d) Has made 40 or more first team starts (and not just for OUFC, or for this season), or
e) Is on loan from a Premier League Club or EFL Club with a Category One academy

Dickie & Forde count on a)
Mous, Fosu, Hall & Hanson all qualify on d)

We're fine, regardless of what team we play next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom