Home Match Day Thread +++ 03/09/2019 Leasing.com Trophy : OUFC V Norwich U21 +++

We need to learn from what’s happened to Taylor and be careful when introducing Agyei.

Put him on for the 2nd half, with a view to starting him, and giving him 60mins on Saturday.

We need to learn from what’s happened to Taylor and be careful when introducing Agyei.

Put him on for the 2nd half, with a view to starting him, and giving him 60mins on Saturday.

To be fair, Taylor was fine playing the whole game on the Tuesday against Burton, it was playing again three days later against BR (allegedly)

We've now got to take these games as an opportunity to give the wider squad game time and help our development for Saturday.

Stevens
Long Mous Jones Berkoe
Hanson Baptiste
Hall Sykes Fosu
Ageyi
although the idea is to supposedly give younger players game time, isn't there stupid rules saying we have to start so many from the previous match?
in which case I'd start as you suggest then immediately sub Mous, Fosu and Hanson for some of our u23 or u18.
why risk key players in this farce of a trophy

I’m going to this one for some reason (because it’s cheap)

I’d like to see:

Stevens
Long Mousinho Jones Berkoe
Hanson
Baptiste Sykes
Hall Agyei Fosu
Sub off Fosu and Baptiste on 60 mins and bring on Thorne and a winger.

I'd rather Fosu is fresh for Saturday rather than use him in a reserve fixture.

I would start the new chap Zamouri it’s a game that most fans don’t care about so he won’t get to much stick hopefully if he’s is abit useless and at least he would have more appearances than ivo ?

IS there any limit to the number of changes we're allowed to make for this game, as in previous seasons? Ideally I would like to see everyone other than perhaps the CB pairing and Eastwood rested from Saturday's game.

I would start the new chap Zamouri it’s a game that most fans don’t care about so he won’t get to much stick hopefully if he’s is abit useless and at least he would have more appearances than ivo ?

Was he signed in time to play?

Honestly I care so little about this cup that we might as well give Kash Siddiqi a run out in it.

It’s a chance to beat Norwich under 22s, strongest side possible please.

potentially the lowest ever attendance at the Breeze block for an OUFC game- a mix of youth(U18), U23 and squad players will make up most of the team- plus Agyei and Thorne... maybe Jack Stevens will get a rare start in goal.

Doubt I'll go and watch it live, ( albeit petty, I am against encouraging the powers that be at EFL - who, IMO, are useless incompetents as proven with the fit n proper checks they (never) carried out re Dale @ Bury- to impose Premier league kids into an E F L competition), but will tune in to Rad Ox for coverage.

referee for the tinpot trophy match is Chris Sarginson, who sent Kashi off in the win over Shrewsbury last season

fancy a 3-1 win with a brace from Lofthouse and Agyei with the other

sticking with my 3-1 win prediction but revised goalscorers to Lofthouse, Agyei and Skyes with one apiece

Back
Top Bottom