European Championships Womens Euro's Thread

Lovely to see such happy German faces. Makes me even happier than seeing the young lionesses

Fair play to them. I never watched any of the tournament to be honest, I just can’t get in to it because I personally feel the standard isn’t the same.

Like I said fair play to them though, and hope everyone who did watch throughout enjoyed it.
Well, don't get too excited, after all, England have just done what no male team have achieved since 1966, won a major tournament.

That was exciting, stressful and joyous. close to 90,000 at Wembley and millions watching on TV.

Just a shame that none of them had testicles, eh?

The whole tournament has been refreshing to watch, massive congratulations to England and credit to Ian Wright for his heartfelt and honest commitment to promoting the womens game.
The haters are gonna hate, that’s their prerogative, but I think the womens game will kick on massively from here.

Well, don't get too excited, after all, England have just done what no male team have achieved since 1966, won a major tournament.

That was exciting, stressful and joyous. close to 90,000 at Wembley and millions watching on TV.

Just a shame that none of them had testicles, eh?

Where have I said I didn’t watch it because there was no testicles on show?

I definitely will go down and watch a few games this season. Is it still free entry?
Last season it was free if you are a mens team season ticket holder, or £5 adults, £3 over 65, free for under 16. Its good, fun, enjoyable football.

Fair play to them. I never watched any of the tournament to be honest, I just can’t get in to it because I personally feel the standard isn’t the same.

Like I said fair play to them though, and hope everyone who did watch throughout enjoyed it.

Each to their own.

But if you didn’t watch any of it, I guess you really aren’t in a position to comment on the current standard.

Some of the finishes on that pitch would have had our fans creaming themselves if it was Matty Taylor et all

You missed some decent football, more is the pity.

Each to their own.

But if you didn’t watch any of it, I guess you really aren’t in a position to comment on the current standard.

Some of the finishes on that pitch would have had our fans creaming themselves if it was Matty Taylor et all

You missed some decent football, more is the pity.

I’ve seen England Women play before, and just couldn’t get in to it.

I don’t feel I’ve missed anything. I quite happily watch the F1 and some of England v South Africa in the final T20 today, and been watching the commonwealth games.

There is women on show there, so the testicles comment from Manorlounger is quite frankly pathetic.

Great performances throughout the competition and what a final!

Huge congrats to England!

Very impressed by the technical standard and professionalism at the highest levels of the women's game now.

Ian Wright is a great advocate for the women's game at all levels and this tournament will give it a huge push. I hope it'll become the norm that all girls and young women have the option of footie in school and at local level as the game develops.

Meanwhile, the Yellows women's team are well worth a watch. Personally I don't agree with free entry to OUFC ST holders, I think it undervalues the game. But then I'm funny like that!

I don’t feel I’ve missed anything. I quite happily watch the F1 and some of England v South Africa in the final T20 today, and been watching the commonwealth games.

There is women on show there, so the testicles comment from Manorlounger is quite frankly pathetic.

Personal choice of course.

Personally, watching Cricket just bores this s**t out of me and as for F1, mostly just a parade of cars driving around a track. It might get interesting if the safety car closes the pack but generally you are watching cars that have such a variance in design/power, it’s not exactly competitive. Throw in DRS and the diver ability/competitive edge is eroded further. Put every driver in an equal car and let it come down to driver ability, it would become interesting.

Commonwealth Games has been good though.

Personally, watching Cricket just bores this s**t out of me and as for F1, mostly just a parade of cars driving around a track. It might get interesting if the safety car closes the pack but generally you are watching cars that have such a variance in design/power, it’s not exactly competitive. Throw in DRS and the diver ability/competitive edge is eroded further. Put every driver in an equal car and let it come down to driver ability, it would become interesting.

I get where your coming from, and like you said each to there own.

I watched the World Championships in Oregon, and now the Commonwealth Games, both have been excellent.

Out of interest, when was the last England Women's game you watched?

Good that we're all different.

F1? - Hmm, vaguely interested, the combination of car tech and driver ability gives it a bit of spice, but I would never pay to be there.

Cricket? - Enjoy dipping in and out of test matches on TV, but the one day slogging codes leave me cold, just play baseball and be done with it!

Commonwealth games? - No thanks, school did a very good job of inoculating me against any interest in track and field etc, but I did watch an hour of the women's marathon yesterday, only because I lived in Brum for 8 years and was having fun identifying landmarks on the route!

England have just done what no male team have achieved since 1966, won a major tournament.
I’m not having a go at you specifically but I really hope this stops happening - comparing the women’s game to the men’s. I keep seeing ‘Oh the men could learn a thing or two from this’ or ‘The women did what the men haven’t done for years!’ but I think that is reductive and pointless - it’s a different game, and why are we bringing the men into it and bringing them down rather than just celebrating what the women have done?

Also, are we going to do that the other way around? If the men win the World Cup will we immediately be saying ‘The men have taught the women or two a thing about winning the big one!’ I doubt it. You could argue that it’s a lot harder for England men to win international honours than England women, but again I don’t want to go down that road. Same as when people say White has broken Wayne Rooney’s international scoring record - why? Just say she’s the women’s all time top scorer for England. Are we going to start pointing out when the men break records that the women have? Again, I doubt it.

It’s just a weird kind of rebound thing to the idiots who try and do down the women’s game that people try and say it’s actually better than the men’s. It’s just different, no-one in one can ever play in the other, so don’t bother.

Great result be England ladies. I must admit after after 110 mins, I thought I know exactly know where this is heading - which poor woman is going to appearing in Pizza Hut commercials with Waddle, Pearce and Southgate for missing a penalty, but no - Chloe Kelly had ideas. Great performance, and thoroughly deserved!

I’m not having a go at you specifically but I really hope this stops happening - comparing the women’s game to the men’s. I keep seeing ‘Oh the men could learn a thing or two from this’ or ‘The women did what the men haven’t done for years!’ but I think that is reductive and pointless - it’s a different game, and why are we bringing the men into it and bringing them down rather than just celebrating what the women have done?

Also, are we going to do that the other way around? If the men win the World Cup will we immediately be saying ‘The men have taught the women or two a thing about winning the big one!’ I doubt it. You could argue that it’s a lot harder for England men to win international honours than England women, but again I don’t want to go down that road. Same as when people say White has broken Wayne Rooney’s international scoring record - why? Just say she’s the women’s all time top scorer for England. Are we going to start pointing out when the men break records that the women have? Again, I doubt it.

It’s just a weird kind of rebound thing to the idiots who try and do down the women’s game that people try and say it’s actually better than the men’s. It’s just different, no-one in one can ever play in the other, so don’t bother.
Yes well said , arguments about‘the standard’ are meaningless as the women don’t play the men. But by any standards that was a thrilling high quality game, more physical than I expected, and I bet Whyte or Herbie Kane would have missed the chance for the first goal

Yes well said , arguments about‘the standard’ are meaningless as the women don’t play the men. But by any standards that was a thrilling high quality game, more physical than I expected, and I bet Whyte or Herbie Kane would have missed the chance for the first goal
Your last comment is either a great wind up or you’ve totally missed my point 😂

Back
Top Bottom