European Championships Womens Euro's Thread

I haven’t watched any of the games. Not because it is women‘s football or any sexist element at all. I’m just not interested in watching more football on TV in a saturated market. I don’t watch the mens international football either, although I do look out for the results. I completely missed that there was the Nations league rubbish at the end of the season.

The point I’d like to make, and the reason I am commenting on something I have no interest in, is that there has been an almost strange attitude to me when I have said I’m not interested. I feel as if I am being judged for not wanting to watch it And perhaps people are looking for an underhand motive. I feel the same as I do about Scottish football, or the Belgian leagues etc, I Just have no enthusiasm.

Each to their own, but I do feel like it’s being rammed down our throats and an almost “we must watch it as it’s England”.

In any case, many congratulations to the Lionesses and should help to develop some more interest in the game, and participation from girls.
I also felt a bit 'meh' about 'more football' at the start, and didn't really get into it till the semis (glory hunter!). But I thought the final was brilliant, really enjoyable and exciting, and certainly a lot more fun than the Nations League (and with much better crowd atmosphere).

That's fair enough. Football falls into the entertainment industry, and people's idea of entertainment varies - some people like opera, some like house music, others like heavy metal.

The criticism isn't directed at you - it's more the misogynists that whinging about the standard of football.

Personally, I'd rather watch the Wiegman led lionesses play than a Mourinho-led 'park the bus' snoozefest.
Absolutely agree. I watch the top 6 in the Premiership on Tv, the odd champions league game and the play offs. I’ll watch MOTD and the EFL highlights and that’s about it. Perhaps In time I may tune in, and then Gather an appetite for it, but for now I am content with what I watch.

I never watched a minute of this tournament before yesterdays final when it was on in my local. All 4 screens were showing it and the place was packed. I was pleasently surprised at the technical abillity of both teams, even the physicallity of the game was more intense that i'd ever imagined it would be. There was definately a buzz about the place before kick off.
What a finish for the 1st goal. After the Germans equalised i like many others on here probably thought here we go again, bloody Germas always find a way to win. But no the girls never gave up or stopped believing in themselves and finally got the winner, even i was shouting yes ( maybe not as enthusiastic as Malc on a yellows match day) but i was out of my seat fist pumping to the heavens with the rest of them.
Well done to everyone involed with the lionesses on what was a truly momentous occassion for us all.

Absolutely agree. I watch the top 6 in the Premiership on Tv, the odd champions league game and the play offs. I’ll watch MOTD and the EFL highlights and that’s about it. Perhaps In time I may tune in, and then Gather an appetite for it, but for now I am content with what I watch.

Honestly, that sounds like an awful lot of football to me!

My plan for 22/23 is to watch every Oxford game I can, and then see if I can watch 63 out of the 64 games in the Men's World Cup (not watching the 3rd place playoff because it's pointless.....but with the switch to 48 teams, this could be the last ever Men's World Cup with a decent format, so I intend to immerse myself in it fully). Other than that, may not watch another game because I've really lost interest in all other levels of the game.

Yesterday was probably the most interested I was going to get about a non-Oxford, non-WC game this season......but unfortunately was on a channel in the US that I don't pay for!

Honestly, that sounds like an awful lot of football to me!

My plan for 22/23 is to watch every Oxford game I can, and then see if I can watch 63 out of the 64 games in the Men's World Cup (not watching the 3rd place playoff because it's pointless.....but with the switch to 48 teams, this could be the last ever Men's World Cup with a decent format, so I intend to immerse myself in it fully). Other than that, may not watch another game because I've really lost interest in all other levels of the game.

Yesterday was probably the most interested I was going to get about a non-Oxford, non-WC game this season......but unfortunately was on a channel in the US that I don't pay for!
If you are going for 63 of 64 for the World Cup, what are you doing about the final group games, which will be played at the same time? Avoiding scores in the game you aren't watching will be a challenge. Two TVs?

If you are going for 63 of 64 for the World Cup, what are you doing about the final group games, which will be played at the same time? Avoiding scores in the game you aren't watching will be a challenge. Two TVs?

Telemundo on the TV, and ESPN+ on the laptop is the plan!
Got to be live and simultaneous.....I love the WC but not enough to watch pointless matches after the fact, when I already know the score!

Last season it was free if you are a mens team season ticket holder, or £5 adults, £3 over 65, free for under 16. Its good, fun, enjoyable football.
Is £6 adult, 3 concession this season. £40 for an adult season ticket (12 games), £20 concession. Concessions include Over 60’s, Students aged 17-21, NHS Workers and Oxford United Men’s Season Ticket Holders.
So looks like previous free entry for mens season ticket holders now = reduced entry. And appears 16 and under still free.

Back
Top Bottom