European Championships Womens Euro's Thread

Sarge

God like member
Lionesses kick off the womens Euro's at ( a sold out) Old Trafford tonight V Austria

with former Euro winning manageress now in the driving seat, so to speak for the Lionesses , they start the finals as one of the favourites

good luck to them tonight

Last edited:
Bit of interesting trivia about Norway's 4-1 thrashing of Northern Ireland at Southampton. This wasn't the first time a team representing Northern Ireland had lost by this particular scoreline in that city, the previous occasion being when Southampton defeated Carrick Rangers at the Dell in the 1976-77 ECWC.

The 5th goal was fantastic!

6-0 inside 40 mins and they look like scoring on every break!

Robyn Cowen has just given both barrells to Lord Sugar

Absolutely. Utterly dominant in the 1st half. I don't think Norway were given a chance with how good England were. Beth Mead has been fantastic.

The consistent quality of the balls being put into the box tonight has been incredible.

Beth Mead unplayable 1st half.

The whole team have been excellent in every department tonight.

Things have come a long long way in womens football.
Last night was an utterly superb attacking performance, an unrelenting masterclass in how to dominate a game.
Fluid football at it’s best.

I didn't watch the game (Jerome), but surely a game that finishes 8-0 can't have been that much of a spectacle? I never enjoy watching such one-sided games, unless it is OUFC handing out the stuffing.

The tournament will really kick off when the group stages are done and the matches are closer.

I didn't watch the game (Jerome), but surely a game that finishes 8-0 can't have been that much of a spectacle? I never enjoy watching such one-sided games, unless it is OUFC handing out the stuffing.

The tournament will really kick off when the group stages are done and the matches are closer.

It was a spectacle in the same way that Brazil 1-7 Germany was a spectacle in 2014. A match that was watchable because it was so unexpected.

The scoreline is understandably making headlines but it's the manner of the victory and who it is over that's so surprising. Norway are no amateurs, have Ada Hederberg in their ranks again, are 11th in the world and have made the semi finals or better in 11 of the 13 editions of the Euros - and England never let up on them.

On paper, you'd expect a much closer match. Instead it was a ruthless onslaught from England.

Very one sided game,
Norway barely got out of their half.
Technique and fitness has improved a lot but goalkeeping iffy.

Good luck to the lionesses tonight.

Looking forward to another display of excellent football.

lionesses need to up their game, and 'roar' louder if they want to progress to the semi finals

I must say this is the first match I've seen of this tournament and I'm quite impressed hopefully England go up.a gear In second half

Back
Top Bottom