Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone wanted a bit of a rolls royce centre mid/dm and from what I've seen of Herbie he's just that. Powerful, technical and good from set pieces. And he's only 22 so the sell on value is there. Believe Barnsley paid around £1M for him and that's not pocket change for a club like Barnsley. Very very happy if it is him

For Robinson to get this excited, loads of clubs shocked we can pull it off, the board saying just get it done points to a massive massive coup at this level. The first player I thought of was Wilshere.
He can’t get a club in the prem or championship so needs somewhere to prove his fitness, it’s close to his Hertfordshire home. I’d almost be surprised if it wasn’t someone like him.
I doubt the board have even heard of Herbie Kane and would be so willing to throw money at the deal to get the player in.

The fact that clubs are surprised we can pull it off makes me think it is permanent. Herbie Kane is similar to Marcus Mcguane just with added goal threat. Maybe Mcguane out on a short loan in league 2 to keep fit? As he seems out of favour.

For Robinson to get this excited, loads of clubs shocked we can pull it off, the board saying just get it done points to a massive massive coup at this level. The first player I thought of was Wilshere.
He can’t get a club in the prem or championship so needs somewhere to prove his fitness, it’s close to his Hertfordshire home. I’d almost be surprised if it wasn’t someone like him.
I doubt the board have even heard of Herbie Kane and would be so willing to throw money at the deal to get the player in.
Yes, can imagine the emergency board meeting with Robinson having told them all to convene to discuss the once in a lifetime signing of Kane, only for them to find out it's not Harry!

The fact that clubs are surprised we can pull it off makes me think it is permanent. Herbie Kane is similar to Marcus Mcguane just with added goal threat. Maybe Mcguane out on a short loan in league 2 to keep fit? As he seems out of favour.

Would we really do that though?

‘Of you go for a bit, Marcus. Get some minutes on loan at Mansfield and then come back stronger.’

McGuane should be Rolls Royce. Not pissing around in the fourth tier.

Karl said Mcguane starting Tuesday so I doubt he is going out on loan.

McGuane started at QPR so hardly out of favour. Came off at half time, whether injured or just not match fit I don’t know but showed enough to remind us what he can do.

Jack Wiltshire smokes like a chimney. Only footballer i know of that smokes heavy , is it wrong for a footballer to smoke , when I played it was

Herbert kane would be a fantastic signing for us. Bit worried brannagan will be off if he signs though as as aren't they similar type of players?
He's very much a central midfielder, both defensive and attacking. A box to box midfielder, if you will.

Gorrin needs competition, and cover for his inevitable suspensions. Sounds very plausible.

I can't pretend to know an awful lot about the type of player Herbie Kane is, but I remember he did have a really good spell at Doncaster a couple of seasons ago, and was on the verges of the Liverpool first team for a spell. I don't think midfield is an area we're particularly short in, but I suppose if the quality is available you've got to take it. Someone has got to be on the way out though, surely? I would guess Cooper or Agyei given KRs comments about viewing Skyes as more of an attacker than a midfielder now (which I agree with).

Oh and I hope this doesn't mean we won't be signing a defender. We are crying out for LB cover; every time Seddon goes into a tackle I grit my teeth a little and pray he doesn't come out of it injured!

That would be utter madness!

If any midfielder gets shipped out on loan, it'll be Hanson, surely.

McGuane is still finding his feet again, and once he's back up to speed is gonna be pushing for a starting place, and it's having players like him, and hopefully Kane in the squad that gives us the depth in quality that we were so missing at times last season.

It was a few years ago I saw the interview about his smoking so he could have given up I suppose

If any midfielder gets shipped out on loan, it'll be Hanson, surely.
Problem is for a player to go out on loan there has to be another club that wants them. With Hanson's injury record and form during his time with us, I can't imagine other clubs queuing up to sign him.

Problem is for a player to go out on loan there has to be another club that wants them. With Hanson's injury record and form during his time with us, I can't imagine other clubs queuing up to sign him.

Karl said the board told him no one needs to go out to get this mystery player in. I would assume the ones going out on loan will be youngsters and Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom