Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Kerr is right sided so more likely cover for Moore. That will give us 3 first team centre backs, plus Mous and McNally to play the Cup games and provide back up.
Not sure Kerr would come here to play backup to Moore. He’s regarded as one of the best prospects in Scotland, so first team football would surely be a must?

I would have thought you'd have one of the Party Members holding the bottle for you, you're a poor Dear Leader denying them the opportunity of reflected glory. 😞
I let my closest allies and comrades assist me in more meaningful ways, such as changing me when I unleash a ‘wetty’.

The one positive about this summer is that there isnt the usual talk of signings to blow our socks off which then dont happen leaving us all disappointed.

We are pitching at Charlton Reserves and St Mirren, and that feels strangely comforting.
So Kip, you suggested that Bristol Rovers had made a real statement in their signings last season?
Other than that are your predictions on transfers that useful?

Have you seen this guy play? Why do you think we can do better?
He might be OK when he plays but he has a long list of injuries. Before he joined Exeter he hadn’t played for TWO years. His manager says the contract offer to him reflected the fact that he has a history of hamstring injuries. He had three spells on the sidelines last season.
Do you honestly want to sign someone like that?
I don't, I want robust fit players. I don't want anymore gambles with players who may spend as much time in the treatment room as on the pitch!!

You do sound like you have a medical background?
What is the risk?
More of a lab based technical scientific background!

Scotchers is right these types of injuries have improved dramatically over the years and have come a long way since Rosie’s career ended. Knee Braces, Physiotherapy, Scanners and surgical advances have all been made.

Harrison’s serious injury happened in March and ended his season, the scan result came as a shock. He had ruptured his knee ligaments and had come away from the bone, the knee moves in a different direction when this happens. I understand he played on making things worse.
The risk I’m referring to is that he hasn’t played since. Therefore, who would be taking the biggest gamble Pompey for letting him go [he has another year on his contract] or us?

Mowatt was a decent player surrounded by a lot of poor and average ones. A number of Championship fans couldn’t believe that we landed him at the time. He was a bit slow, but he had a wand of a left foot. You won’t see anyone hit the post from the penalty spot that crisply again. Genuinely magnificent.

If he had been given the opportunity to play with last season’s squad rather than the one he walked into, which also included Clotet as manager for half the season and DF doing his best as a pretty isolated caretaker for two full months, I think people would have seen the player that everybody else saw before and after his time here.

Liam Kelly ran around a lot but was pretty ineffective. He only made one appearance after his disaster class against Blackpool on the 20th of March, which was a substitute appearance at Sunderland on April 2nd. He had nothing to do with the end of season sprint and the team seemed to actively benefit from his absence. I hope that he finds himself a club and reignites his career somewhere he feels happy.

Full backs, please.
Now linked with a move to West Brom.

Now linked with a move to West Brom.
Hadn’t noticed he was Barnsley captain. Good on him. That 17/18 squad really was insanity. Half of them went into the Championship and never looked back, and the other half disappeared down various rabbit holes on the way to obscurity and oblivion.

Gino van Kessel is a free agent after being released by a Cypriot side, where he apparently scored 3 times in 20+ games last season. Jon Obika also on a free after 8 goals in 43 games for St Mirren last term, and of course the main man Wes Thomas has been a free agent since January.

A plethora of attacking bargains. Sign them all up. Get Tiendalli in for a trial as well. He’s only 35, he must have another season in him.

Xemi can apply for the physio job in the academy.

Hadn’t noticed he was Barnsley captain. Good on him. That 17/18 squad really was insanity. Half of them went into the Championship and never looked back, and the other half disappeared down various rabbit holes on the way to obscurity and oblivion.

Gino van Kessel is a free agent after being released by a Cypriot side, where he apparently scored 3 times in 20+ games last season. Jon Obika also on a free after 8 goals in 43 games for St Mirren last term, and of course the main man Wes Thomas has been a free agent since January.

A plethora of attacking bargains. Sign them all up. Get Tiendalli in for a trial as well. He’s only 35, he must have another season in him.

There was a peculiar article in a Dutch publiciation about him doing a "handyman" job whilst he ponders his next footballing move. I managed to get it to translate eventually:

The way you've summarised that season's squad really hits the nail on the head about how bizarre that entire season was.

To be fair Wes has had a decent enough career after us and only left Notts County cos he was worried abut Covid! Plus he's getting on now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom