Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being honest, If he was on the opponent's teamsheet then he wasn't a player I was particularly worried about. That said if he can strike up his partnership with Matty Taylor again then it could be an astute signing for us and him.

I still hope we try to sign a Nathan Holland type wide player to add pace etc which may also help Harrison should we sign him.

I think if we sign Harrison there'll be more question marks about Winnall's future than Agyei's. Winnall was brought in to be that stronger player up front who could hold things up and score a few goals too, and the fact that we're pursuing a strong striker who we'd have to pay a fee for hints that we're looking to let Winnall go.

I think if we sign Harrison there'll be more question marks about Winnall's future than Agyei's. Winnall was brought in to be that stronger player up front who could hold things up and score a few goals too, and the fact that we're pursuing a strong striker who we'd have to pay a fee for hints that we're looking to let Winnall go.

Was he? If he was that’s a weird one given he’s never been a Target Man before

Cant see any harm in bringing Shodipo in. He is a bit unpredictable but I think that makes him dangerous. His goal scoring record was impressive last season considering he had never scored a professional goal before joining us.

Given the amount of £ QPR allegedly want for him I’d say there is some harm

If
Given the amount of £ QPR allegedly want for him I’d say there is some harm
If they were putting a huge price tag on him then I trust our board and manager not to blow the money on him. If the right fee/loan can be agreed then I think it would be a worthwhile avenue to look into.

it's well known that Barker was going to need time to get up to speed and and was subsequently subbed due to fitness etc and was then injured resulting in the odd game/minutes here and there.Not forgetting it was often 1 or the other or Shodipo was out on the right when actually on the pitch together.

To get Barker on a permanent would be a major coup as for me he is the better of the 2 and always capable of doing something special and with a full season with team mates would make us pretty lethal.
Agree with this. Barker is better all round than Shodipo. Barker's touch and class is Championship level.

Could be really sensible if used correctly. KR seems to have recognised that we need another option when we can’t play through our midfield (usually against the better teams). Harrison would allow us to go more direct and has had a productive partnership with Taylor before.

Is Alan Biley still available? Likes to score late, late on which suits our stats quite well. Might be worth a punt.
We'd have to sign Father Christmas as well though, Biley doesn't score without the big man putting in the assist.

Harrison was racially abused by some of our fans away at Rovers in 2016. The same game where Taylor came off the bench to score the winner and did the handshake celebration. “Oi Harrison, lend us a monkey, mate!” was the line used repeatedly to goad him. At one point somebody followed it up with a monkey ‘shriek’. Harrison stopped and glared at the people responsible more than once and they were reported to stewards, but nothing was done about it. Those same people will probably be cheering him if he signs.

Harrison was racially abused by some of our fans away at Rovers in 2016. The same game where Taylor came off the bench to score the winner and did the handshake celebration. “Oi Harrison, lend us a monkey, mate!” was the line used repeatedly to goad him. At one point somebody followed it up with a monkey ‘shriek’. Harrison stopped and glared at the people responsible more than once and they were reported to stewards, but nothing was done about it. Those same people will probably be cheering him if he signs.
Appalled to read this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom