Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think McGuane, Gorrin and Brannagan is an excellent midfield three for this level.
Yeah, these 3 are decent, and the balance against the majority of teams would be fine (assuming they are all fit and available). However, if we needed to get hold of the midfield vs the likes of Blackpool and create that 2nd and 3rd line of defence, we would need someone else centrally who could put their foot in and move the ball on, as well as the physical presence leading the line up top.

Yes that was me. Was told he was going to Pompey but not guaranteed now!
So I understand that we have spoken with Ogilvie (or his representatives) and made a very competitive offer. However there are a few clubs interested in him (maybe including Pompey) and he is currently away so not expecting much to change this week. Left back is our priority so we won't hang about for him to play us off against other clubs, so I expect us to quickly move on if things don't work out.

Not exciting enough for some, but there we are!

I've said last week that Sykes will likely leave, and sooner rather than late. So if we've got anyone leaving it's probably him. Equally, haven't heard anything about Forde agreeing to his contract extension so could be him looking elsewhere.

Incoming, I mentioned Cadden and Ogilvie earlier as players were certainly looking at, but also wouldn't be surprised to see us bringing in someone like Elliott Lee or Nathan Holland as players we know and would benefit from long preseason.

But nothing guaranteed yet!
Just taking the mick scotchers

There is never ever any meat on the bones of your transfer rumours. It’s all might be or maybe or likely. Give us a new name, never mentioned before. Look at your post above, an absolute joke ! Nothing on there that the rest of us couldn’t have speculated on. So we need a new left back, a decent one becomes available in L1 on a free and shock ! horror ! you say we are interested ! Really ? I’d never have guessed that !
To be fair he has a decent record as a tipster, if not as good as EC. It’s all just fun speculation and gossip anyway, with a bit of showing off added

Perhaps. I think that with another season at our level, he could turn out to be quite the player! I wouldn’t start him every game, but he would be a great developmental signing and if he continued to improve as much as he did this season, he could go for a decent fee!
He’s not a kid though, he’s about 24 and would expect some ridiculous sum despite the fact he struggles to control a football. Though he does score some wonder goals.

Perhaps. I think that with another season at our level, he could turn out to be quite the player! I wouldn’t start him every game, but he would be a great developmental signing and if he continued to improve as much as he did this season, he could go for a decent fee!
Maybe, I'm not convinced though, which is amazing given his goal return but while I expect wingers at this level to blow hot and cold, he blew cold a little too often for my liking

I’ve said the same thing about Mido all along if you just watch him I’d question how much he really offers, however you simply can’t argue with his goal return. If we had a youngster on loan in L2 who had scored what 13/14 goals in his first ever loan spell we’d be screaming to get him back and in the team. If the coaching staff see enough to want him permanently that’s more then good enough for me.

Sorry you don't make sense. Playing to the best of ones ability and being fatigued are two different things. Do i think that a professional footballer playing every game of the season will be more likely to be fatigued absolutely. Every sports scientist going would tell you that as well as the link with fatigue to injury and performance. It is why you rarely see it in modern football. I thought both our CBs looked tired. However, CBs are the lowest, apart from the keeper, octane position in the team and if any outfield position is more likely to get through a season playing every game it would be CBs.

It always amazes me when people bring up things like giving a left arm to be in their position or I've heard people state how much footballers earn as a reason why they shouldn't be tired. These things have nothing to do with physiology and how fatigued a human gets.
True so let’s hope KR drops his playing through fatigue rubbish he keeps doing in pre season. Im sure it’s contributing to our early season injuries. I once saw an interview where KR said it in front of Chris and his eye roll said it all :) Exertion, recovery and nutrition KR!

Cant see any harm in bringing Shodipo in. He is a bit unpredictable but I think that makes him dangerous. His goal scoring record was impressive last season considering he had never scored a professional goal before joining us.

View attachment 6497

I’m still a bit confused as to how an attacking midfielder who wore the number 9 shirt at Hearts ended up in this situation, but we are where we are. Hopefully the door really is still open for him to make his mark here, and we aren’t just using stern words while knowing he’s off. It would be interesting to see what he can do. I know he looks quite slight but he’s 6’2” with good pace, plus he isn’t afraid to have a bit of a go. He got 13 bookings last season which is positively Gorrin-esque. That’s probably a few too many and suggests he needs to improve his decision making a little bit, but at least it shows that he isn’t a dainty little flower. If we want more power in midfield, both in terms of ability to power forward and willingness to put a foot in, he could be a decent option.

If he goes, he goes. I think it would be a shame, though. He’s clearly capable of playing in midfield at this level as his loan showed, and we spent six figures on him. It would be good to at least see him in a more suited role before cutting him loose, but if not then that’s how it is.
Let’s be honest it was always going to be hard for him here. We’ve had some excellent full backs of late (well on the right side). including one of our own who most fans rated very highly. Take a player who’s normally played further forward but is being converted into a full back to fit. He had so little experience playing there he was watching you tube to learn the position! he was all over the place. Perhaps he was never meant to be thrown in so early. Missed out on CC and Long was injured I seem to remember.
But I think KR is right he either needs to come here and fight for a place or say he wants away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom