Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
True so let’s hope KR drops his playing through fatigue rubbish he keeps doing in pre season. Im sure it’s contributing to our early season injuries. I once saw an interview where KR said it in front of Chris and his eye roll said it all :) Exertion, recovery and nutrition KR!
We seem to have a pretty large fitness and sports science team, who appear to be well thought of.
I would be amazed if KR overruled what these professionals were telling him (other than maybe near the end of the season where results are critical and there are injuries).
So this comment seems a little odd. Unless you truly believe that KR just over rides what he us being told?

Could be just texting KR about one of the euro games. Not enough in that to say he's coming home.
Well that comment has since been deleted, so that’s a bit odd! Not exactly proof he’s coming back but intriguing, nonetheless.

Have the EFL confirmed squad cap size for next year, I understood it to be 20 but was being challenged?
Portsmouth paper ran this article about a month ago, but haven't seen anything official from the EFL as yet

I'd love Mide Shodipo to sign, 10 goals in his first season out wide is not a bad return. I know Barker showed a lot of promise but I thought Mide affected games more. Both decent mind.

it's well known that Barker was going to need time to get up to speed and and was subsequently subbed due to fitness etc and was then injured resulting in the odd game/minutes here and there.Not forgetting it was often 1 or the other or Shodipo was out on the right when actually on the pitch together.

To get Barker on a permanent would be a major coup as for me he is the better of the 2 and always capable of doing something special and with a full season with team mates would make us pretty lethal.

Harrison is a good signing if he’s coming in to play with Taylor upfront and not lead the line himself. Wonder what this would mean for Dan Agyei, as this would make him presumably KRs 4th choice ST.

Harrison is a good signing if he’s coming in to play with Taylor upfront and not lead the line himself. Wonder what this would mean for Dan Agyei, as this would make him presumably KRs 4th choice ST.
Unless we are getting rid of sick note winnall

I think KR decided Agyei was a winger in the last part of the season. Dan did well there and there was lots of talk about how he was trying to be much more conventional in his play. Plus he was used behind the 2 strikers when we switch to a diamond (the formation that I think KR is planning to look at).

Hopefully we're not paying a big fee for Harrison. He's got a lot to prove given his fees so far and lack of product to back them up, hopefully being back with Matty can bring back his best.

Hopefully we're not paying a big fee for Harrison. He's got a lot to prove given his fees so far and lack of product to back them up, hopefully being back with Matty can bring back his best.
This is some of the appeal (low fee). Portsmouth may let him go under value as they're so keen to make funds available to the new manager.

27 is a great age for a striker of his experience. The knacl with EH will be to use him properly (as a target).

Harrison did his knee ligaments in February and carried on playing into March.

Great news. Get the 'knackered marquee signing' out of the way early on, keep that sports science team employed. Will he rank above or below Winnall for the massage table?

Wasn’t aware of the knee injury which concerns me mildly - but this is the ‘style’ of player I’m happy we are looking at.

We are incredibly lucky to have Matty - a proven quantity at this level. Taylor’s age is a slight irrelevance to me in truth as so much of his game is about speed of thought, positioning and what he does in the penalty box - attributes which don’t necessarily diminish as quickly. If he can stay fit I feel like he can be a consistent performer (and scorer) for another few years yet at our current level.

What we need is something different. Agyei has that with pace and power. But we need someone who can put it about, sh*t things up, win a few headers and give us a different style of play when Taylor’s and Agyei’s attributes aren’t appropriate. You know - the kind of thing Winnall was supposed to do, but largely failed to get on the pitch long enough to even start building up his fitness. A ‘Plan B’ we’ve missed since Mackie left.

The fact that he has played with Taylor before, and that Pompey fans/press are putting him over as a tireless team player both sound pretty ideal. We don’t need him to come and score 20 a season (although it’d be nice). We have a 20 goal striker. We need physicality and ruggedness at the top of the pitch. Winnall has failed to provide that. Harrison (fitness assuming) sounds a decent bet.

If that is a legit rumour and he can shake off the knee issues, that sounds good to me.

Williams and Harrison are very different players from those we’ve been targeting in recent seasons though. Established players at our current level are rarely the cheapest option. When we got out of the Conference we did it by recruiting players of proven quality at that level (Clarke, Beano, Clist, Tonkin, Creighton, Midson, Bulman come to mind - but I’m sure there are more). I’m not unhappy with us adding some toughness, experience and street-smarts at L1 level to the crop of talented young players we have…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom