Transfer targets?

6rfk48x.jpg

Looks like 2 done deals according to KR. One permanent, one loan. Another Prem loan possibly too.

I’m not talking about the transfer dealings I’m referring to KR’s mood which can be defined as disappointing/frustrated whatever, so yes let’s see what signings we ultimately make, but that doesn’t stop us fans making comments about the general status/feelings.
Ok that’s your opinion, do you really know what KR is thinking, of course not but you can put it on here anyway you want.
Let’s see what rocks up then make the right noises for who we sign, I don’t see the point of all the bashing when you don’t know the full story.

You’ve made half of that up. I’m not sure what their relationship’s like. All I originally said was “it would be interesting to know KR’s thoughts”, then you asked what I thought were his thoughts and I responded by saying that he’s probably disappointed which the Oxford Mail article alluded to when he said he was in a better mood.

So nothing about his relationship with Tiger or signings etc.
But you're entirely making up a stance that you have no idea about to further an agenda of negativity.

Sean. You’ve done your bit in the supporters trust, so big respect to you for that. It’s not the easiest of gigs!

I do hope that the comments you make on here are all your own work. Everyone has the right to (politely) post. It is a forum after all!

What would bother me, is if you’re now the loan survivor of the ‘old gang’ and being influenced in anyway. I think you’re better than that, but for info, ‘those people knew b****r all then and they know even less now!

Cheers!

Jem

Last edited:
Sean. You’ve done your bit in the supporters trust, so big respect to you for that. It’s not the easiest of gigs!

I do hope that the comments you make on here are all your own work. Everyone has the right to (politely) post. It is a forum after all!

What would bother me, is if you’re now the loan survivor of the ‘old gang’ and being influenced in anyway. I think you’re better than that, but for info, ‘those people knew b****r all then and they know even less now!

Cheers!

Jem

Jem, not being influenced by anyone, so my own words.

Like I’ve said above, my initial comments related to KR’s thoughts and when asked I responded by saying that he’s probably disappointed, just my own interpretation.

Then today’s comments in the Oxford Mail prior to his meeting with Tiger seemed to allude that he wasn’t happy which sort of backed up my interpretation.

By the way, I was never part of a gang, just looking out for a club that I’ve loved/followed for a long time.

Cheers for your comments though.

Good to hear Sean.

Tiger and KR speak pretty much every day. There’s zero difference in what they are both trying to do. They are very much aligned.

What I do know is that they are trying to sign quality, not just ‘bodies’ to fill up the squad. Clearly, the better players are in demand and therefore we have competition for their signatures!

I’ve been fortunate enough to spend time with Tiger and speak to him fairly regularly and I’m optimistic about him and the immediate prospects for our club and the season ahead.

Time will tell I guess, but to the very best of my knowledge there is no disharmony at all and they are working VERY hard to improve our club.

By the way, the stuff going on away from the pitch is extremely exciting!

Cheers

Jem

Good to hear Sean.

Tiger and KR speak pretty much every day. There’s zero difference in what they are both trying to do. They are very much aligned.

What I do know is that they are trying to sign quality, not just ‘bodies’ to fill up the squad. Clearly, the better players are in demand and therefore we have competition for their signatures!

I’ve been fortunate enough to spend time with Tiger and speak to him fairly regularly and I’m optimistic about him and the immediate prospects for our club and the season ahead.

Time will tell I guess, but to the very best of my knowledge there is no disharmony at all and they are working VERY hard to improve our club.

By the way, the stuff going on away from the pitch is extremely exciting!

Cheers

Jem

Thank you for the update Jem, but just to be clear I’ve not questioned KR’s and Tiger’s relationship, especially as I don’t know anything about it.

I merely was intrigued as to KR’s feelings/thoughts, especially as it appeared that we weren’t being successful with the transfer targets, but hadn’t passed judgement on this at least until the window had closed etc.

Additional to the above, I obviously want us to sign the best players so hopefully this will happen, but the good thing for now is, KR’s in a better mood and making more encouraging/positive comments since his meeting with Tiger which can only be a good thing for all.

What like offer both friendlies at a reduced rate? Or introduce a membership scheme? Or vouchers off in the shop if u buy a season ticket. Or incentives to attract new younger fans?

I don’t have to assume someone is willing it to happen, its fairly obvious. The same people won’t be seen for weeks on end if we’re winning but pop up at the first loss. They will tell u for months were in a relegation battle and what a financial disaster it will be, only to go quiet when we avoid the drop by a comfortable margin. They will moan that players ain’t good enough, like hylton before even seeing him kick a ball. They are totally in their right to do it, but it doesn’t mean they won’t get picked up on it when time and again they are proven wrong.

We all have doubts, we all have concerns over our club. Is it better to moan and complain and ignore all the good things that are happening, or is it better to wait and see, be happy with the things that are being improved behind the scenes, with players that really are top draw at this level coming in even if they are on loan. I’m not even being overly positive on this as I still want more players, I want a couple of decent strikers, but I can also see things ain’t as bad as some make out.

Anyway if u would rather look on dull side, wallow away the days until the club folds thats fine, ill carrying on looking forward to the season, looking forward to supporting my team, and continue working on projects that should make supporting Oufc more enjoyable for most fans.

look on the dull side? wallow away the days?

so voicing one's opinion (that's all i ever do) that may differ from others is seen as being negative and having a wish for the club to fold !!!!! gees !!!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">U&#39;s have bid accepted for forward player after having to field 40-year-old Shaun Derry in last night&#39;s pre-season friendly<a href="https://t.co/dvtUTfJKi7">https://t.co/dvtUTfJKi7</a> <a href="https://t.co/nfchP5wCxB">pic.twitter.com/nfchP5wCxB</a></p>&mdash; Oxford Mail OUFC (@OxfordMailOUFC) <a href=" ">July 11, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

To bring the thread back....

Cash bid accepted, loan deal 90% done and should be sorted after Friday.

Are West Ham/Wolves on pre season? When do they return?

I wonder who we have bid for

Attachments

• 5667EB56-BE70-43C1-A7FC-425D689B5AAB.png
    5667EB56-BE70-43C1-A7FC-425D689B5AAB.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom