Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I believe so was told yesterday by a very good source!! fingers crossed, as he will be looking for club come next summer contract at reading expires. Very quick skilful winger
Was your source Heinz or supermarket value brand because it’s must be full of rubbish

Was your source Heinz or supermarket value brand because it’s must be full of rubbish

There’s still time for him to ketchup. Don’t get all salty just because we couldn’t sweeten the deal enough to perrisuade McLeary to join us. We’re not in the brown stuff yet, but it is a bit of a pickle and I won’t take it as red that Robinson won’t go back to his Roots and bring someone in who can cut the mustard.

I don't know about anyone else, but I sure am glad that transfer window is over, I'm exhausted, god knows how Robbo must feel!

Shame we couldn't get Mcleary deal done, and disappointed that we didn't sign an experienced CB, as I feel our defence needs a leader.

But all in all, an excellent transfer window, and the best squad we've had for a long time.

We look very dangerous going forward, and once everyone's fit and up to speed, I really feel we're in for an exciting season, and a push for promotion.

Just hope we can plug those leaks in the backline!

COYY

One of the biggest successes of this window was that we only lost Gavin Whyte, and that was for £3m. We had those convinced that Eastwood was off because his missus sold a sofa, and players like Brannagan and Dickie would also make way to balance the books.

Although Mark Sykes was offered out on loan for more game time, I believe we turned down at least one offer because it wasn't felt right for the player, and he would be better staying with us. We also had offers in for some of the youngsters but KR wants them around to help their development further.

That stability is equally as important as the players we bring in, and no one can deny that we've done pretty well there too. Gorrin, Fosu, Moore, Forde, Ageyi, Taylor, Cadden, Thorne, Woodburn, Berkoe, Zamouri and a couple of youngsters is fantastic business even for the most negative amongst us.

Overall, that ranks as one of the best transfer windows in our history and is an indication of how far we've come as a club since last summer.

We just need to get everyone playing, and tweaking the system to get the best from them and we'll be firing!!

Agree with the above, a fantastic effort by all concerned. People worked tirelessly around the clock to achieve what, at times, looked impossible. But due to hard work, tenacity and dedication we eventually got there.

410 pages is a great result in anyone’s book.. ?

Don't forget we can still pick up a few out of contract players!!! Reckon we could get to 500 pages!!! Come on you posters!!!!

Whats going on with McMahon. We tried to move him on surely? Probably stopped us getting someone else in.

Forget about our targets, after only getting 1 point from 5 games Bolton get in 9 players just in time to gel before playing us .....

Forget about our targets, after only getting 1 point from 5 games Bolton get in 9 players just in time to gel before playing us .....
They surely can't gel by then. Some on here will have you believe (in oufc's case) it takes a couple of months at least!!
And how does signing all these players that will cost thousands fit with FFP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom