Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were too short up front, at the back, and out wide.

Up front we have Taylor who is a proven goalscorer and a decent L1 player, Mackie who is a hard worker as Agyei who the jury is still out on, but potentially could be brilliant (fingers crossed). Three players when we only ever play 1 up top is absolutely fine, we will only be short if Agyei proves to be awful.

Out wide we have Fosu as one of the main men, he looks superb. The other slot will be taken by one of Henry/Forde/Hall/Agyei - I wouldn’t say we are light, but we do lack pace. If we still had Whyte we’d be in an unbelievably strong position, and that’s only 1 player - so we’re slightly lacking, but not miles away.

At the back we have two first choice fullbacks with (in my view) a decent cover player each side, and two first choice centre backs with two cover players - one decent, one young. But given CBs play most games in a season if we’d got another one in they'd likely be sitting on the bench most weekends.

We have a load of central midfielders.

So, we’re only really lacking a pacy wide player, not really the end of the world

Up front we have Taylor who is a proven goalscorer and a decent L1 player, Mackie who is a hard worker as Agyei who the jury is still out on, but potentially could be brilliant (fingers crossed). Three players when we only ever play 1 up top is absolutely fine, we will only be short if Agyei proves to be awful.

Out wide we have Fosu as one of the main men, he looks superb. The other slot will be taken by one of Henry/Forde/Hall/Agyei - I wouldn’t say we are light, but we do lack pace. If we still had Whyte we’d be in an unbelievably strong position, and that’s only 1 player - so we’re slightly lacking, but not miles away.

At the back we have two first choice fullbacks with (in my view) a decent cover player each side, and two first choice centre backs with two cover players - one decent, one young. But given CBs play most games in a season if we’d got another one in they'd likely be sitting on the bench most weekends.

So, we’re only really lacking a pacy wide player, not really the end of the world
Not sure about 1 up front always working as has been evident in a few games

That's because we've got Jamie Mackie up front and he isn't a goal scorer.
Yes I know he scored at the weekend but it’s been a problem when other teams use these formations and we don’t seem to cope in which case we should change the system to suit

Not sure about 1 up front always working as has been evident in a few games
We had one upfront in out very good run at the end of last season?
Woodburn plays as a number 10. So its hardly one upfront?

We had one upfront in out very good run at the end of last season?
Woodburn plays as a number 10. So its hardly one upfront?

Woodburn was looking to push past Mackie especially in the 2nd half in the last game as well.

That's a great summary of where we are. It's a shame that your reasoning will be wasted on Kip!

Still worried about having to rely on Bercow for LB cover, recon he'd be better used at LW, looked good going forward but suspect in defence, possible another Luke Garbutt scenario.

Also still unsure of Mous at CB, for every blinder he has, like against Sunderland, he has games where he is poor, like in some more recent games

Still worried about having to rely on Bercow for LB cover, recon he'd be better used at LW, looked good going forward but suspect in defence, possible another Luke Garbutt scenario.

Also still unsure of Mous at CB, for every blinder he has, like against Sunderland, he has games where he is poor, like in some more recent games

It is Berkoe, I think Bercow might be a tad too busy to play football at the moment. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom