Transfer targets?

I get the feeling that Canice will be loaned out next season, as I don't think KR really rates him. Just my opinion, hope I'm wrong as would love to see him do well.

KR certainly alluded to the fact that he didn't think Carroll had progressed as much this season as he should have.

What I am on about is that you seem to have a downer on all of our youngsters and seem to want them out of the club if they do not manage 40+ games in their first season.

Carroll is 19, has already notched up 16 league appearances and represented Ireland on a number of occasions. Kane had been brought in ahead of him by previous managers (Clotet/Faz/?) and had done well so no surprise KR stuck with him, but that does not mean he wants CC out. There is a sense at the club that he may do best as a defensive midfielder, but is gaining experience where he can game by game and should be given that chance to develop.
You've previously talked of Napa being too lightweight to ever make it, seemingly oblivious to the fact that O'Dowda took time to build up his physique to withstand the knocks of senior football (and he didnt turn out too bad did he?).

This is what the U23s team is all about - allowing players to develop at their own pace after graduating from the YT, and to be phased into the senior side gradually, without the pressures of the kind of expectations that you seem to place on them.
Yes, if established senior pros only feature once or twice in half a season, then yes, I can see them leaving, but these guys are different and it should be recognised that they are on their way up career wise, rather than on the way down.

What ever floats your boat. 40 appearances? Where the hell did that come from.

Couldn’t give a jot what you want to post, not interested. Sad really.
If a player is good enough, he’s old enough

What I am on about is that you seem to have a downer on all of our youngsters and seem to want them out of the club if they do not manage 40+ games in their first season.

Carroll is 19, has already notched up 16 league appearances and represented Ireland on a number of occasions. Kane had been brought in ahead of him by previous managers (Clotet/Faz/?) and had done well so no surprise KR stuck with him, but that does not mean he wants CC out. There is a sense at the club that he may do best as a defensive midfielder, but is gaining experience where he can game by game and should be given that chance to develop.
You've previously talked of Napa being too lightweight to ever make it, seemingly oblivious to the fact that O'Dowda took time to build up his physique to withstand the knocks of senior football (and he didnt turn out too bad did he?).

This is what the U23s team is all about - allowing players to develop at their own pace after graduating from the YT, and to be phased into the senior side gradually, without the pressures of the kind of expectations that you seem to place on them.
Yes, if established senior pros only feature once or twice in half a season, then yes, I can see them leaving, but these guys are different and it should be recognised that they are on their way up career wise, rather than on the way down.

I really like Carroll's attitude and think that overall he could do well.

Like Mellow yellow though, I do have my suspicions that KR does not rate him (and DF as well from 'rumours' I have read).

My disappointment is that after the Wigan away game (which I went to and thought that Carroll did very well) he didn't feature again. Mousinho was used as a defensive midfield player at Blackburn. Why not give Carroll a go even if for 20 minutes at the end?

On the basis that KR was a smaller squad, I too am concerned that Canice will go on loan or will be let go. I hope that isn't the case and time will tell...

Maybe now we're seeing an U23 squad where players will feature as and when needed, Carroll will be bedded in with that as a DM working with Chrissy Allen who he must know very well and will get the best from him (hopefully).

With all this talk of bringing youngsters through, it'd be a bit rash to send him out or loan or move him on now.

Can't see him coming here if he already turned down other L1 teams and there are Championship teams in the mix. Still, don't ask, don't get. Maybe these are the "ambitious" targets that persuaded Easty to stay?

Can't see him coming here if he already turned down other L1 teams and there are Championship teams in the mix. Still, don't ask, don't get. Maybe these are the "ambitious" targets that persuaded Easty to stay?
Definitely not impossible maybe less likely. Karl Robinson managed to persuade Eastwood (who was being watched by Celtic and Championship teams) to stay. Proves that just like the Michael Appleton era there is something here that players want to be a part of.

Would be nice but if Preston are looking and they have Grigg and Cole night Maguire to name a few then I doubt whether we would have a chance as Preston like their forwards and no doubt he will start every game

I can't think of any young stars being 'turned around' by Bradford or Bristol Rovers, though. There are certain teams that can show evidence of being a good platform for young talent, I'd hope we were one of those.

Would be nice but if Preston are looking and they have Grigg and Cole night Maguire to name a few then I doubt whether we would have a chance as Preston like their forwards and no doubt he will start every game
Preston with Grigg and Cole?

I can't think of any young stars being 'turned around' by Bradford or Bristol Rovers, though. There are certain teams that can show evidence of being a good platform for young talent, I'd hope we were one of those.

Bristol Rovers sold Billy Bodin to Preston in January. I'm fairly certain he wasn't particularly rated before going to BR.

Back
Top Bottom