Votes: 26 26.5%
  • 19 - 24

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 24+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 42, I'm booked in for therapy

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
Accrington got smashed and Morecambe lose again (I know that means Mk won).
Still not in the drop zone and we now have GIH

If we win 3 out of the last 9 that puts us on 46 ...Accy would need to win 4 out of 8 to be a point above us .
Surely we will win enough matches .

If we win 3 out of the last 9 that puts us on 46 ...Accy would need to win 4 out of 8 to be a point above us .
Surely we will win enough matches .

Over their last six games, Accrington have picked up one point, score two goals, conceded 15 and had three red cards.

The only thing in their favour is that they have three winnable home games left (Vale, Fleetwood, Cambridge) and then the season finale at ours - their other four fixtures look mighty tough (away to Pompey, Wednesday, Bolton. Home to Posh).

With our vastly superior goal difference, I'd be very surprised now if 45 points isn't enough to keep us up.....and the way everyone is playing, 42 may well do the trick.

It's a pitiful thing to target, but if we could just pick up one win from our next six games - I'd be very confident of our chances of survival going into those final three games against our fellow dross.

Wednesday failed to win away again last night.
I actually thought Plymouth were going to blow it but after Barnsley & Wednesday slip up they have it in their own hands now.

It’s really in our hands now with our hard earned draw against the posh yesterday. 3 point gap between us and Stanley in the last relegation place. My main concern is we are lacking goals and where will the goals come from?. The games against PV, Cheltenham, FGR and Stanley are the games that we must get three points the other games are fingers crossed and hope to get something. When will Boden be back?, what happened to the January transfer loanee’s ie Atteef?. How utterly stupid KR put Matt Taylor on loan to PV. If he was still with us I’m sure that he would have scored goals during our poor run of games. When we play PV next week, will Matt Taylor play against us?.

It’s really in our hands now with our hard earned draw against the posh yesterday. 3 point gap between us and Stanley in the last relegation place. My main concern is we are lacking goals and where will the goals come from?. The games against PV, Cheltenham, FGR and Stanley are the games that we must get three points the other games are fingers crossed and hope to get something. When will Boden be back?, what happened to the January transfer loanee’s ie Atteef?. How utterly stupid KR put Matt Taylor on loan to PV. If he was still with us I’m sure that he would have scored goals during our poor run of games. When we play PV next week, will Matt Taylor play against us?.
We have scored 39 goals this season (more than 7 other teams)
Tightening up the defence means that hopefully we don't need a stack of goals to win the odd game. We scored 2 in our last home game v Derby and Brannagan, Joseph, Browne plus goals from set pieces will hopefully be enough to win 2 to 3 games

Plymouth got annihilated in the FL trophy final today. Not sure what relevance it will have in the league games - It was more Plymouth being abysmal rather than Bolton being really good - but Bolton at home will definitely be tricky. Not sure who Plymouth have to play but it could go one of two ways: a positive reaction or a complete capitulation in their remaining games.

We don't need to win all of them.

Win two, draw two and I reckon we'll be fine. I don't see any of Cambridge/FGR/Morecambe/Accrington getting more than 46 points, and we have them all battered on goal difference.

Anything from the Wednesday/Bolton/Barnsley/Pompey games is then gravy, and eases the pressure going into the last three games of the season.

Plymouth got annihilated in the FL trophy final today. Not sure what relevance it will have in the league games - It was more Plymouth being abysmal rather than Bolton being really good - but Bolton at home will definitely be tricky. Not sure who Plymouth have to play but it could go one of two ways: a positive reaction or a complete capitulation in their remaining games.
Like last season! After they dubiously beat us the fell away and out of the play offs

Just took a look - and they have an amazingly easy run-in. Morecambe, Cambridge and six games against teams mired in midtable mediocrity (10th-18th).

They don't play another decent side......waaaay easier end of the season than Ipswich. They shouldn't blow it - but the pressure does crazy things.

Just took a look - and they have an amazingly easy run-in. Morecambe, Cambridge and six games against teams mired in midtable mediocrity (10th-18th).

They don't play another decent side......waaaay easier end of the season than Ipswich. They shouldn't blow it - but the pressure does crazy things.
I hope they take points off of Cambridge and Morecambe but they were a complete shambles at Wembley. Not sure what happened but they need to put that behind them asap. I’d like to see them go up

Morecambe have got a huge mountain to climb with their fixtures. I don’t see it for them, personally, I can see them losing every game, maybe the odd draw.

Cambridge have to win today as they’ll likely lose their next few and it’ll all come down to six pointers at the end, which will suit us. Fleetwood are not a push over but that’s as good a game as they could hope for right now.

The real threat to us is Accrington who, again, have a horrible fixture list but do have a very winnable game today and play us on the last day which is key. Port Vale seem hell bent on handing the bottom sides some points so I fancy Accrington today, unfortunately.

MK are still very much in the thick stuff with us having played a game more. They could find themselves below us before long. I think Pompey will beat them today.

Today’s games are huge. If they all lose and we manage a draw or more, the next run of games looks awful for all of us but that daylight would enable us to play for draws rather than wins where necessary.

There is an unlikely scenario here where we end up 6 pts clear with a huge goal difference advantage. That would be an almighty leg up for us.

I reckon the trains won`t be running through Nuneham for a while............... from a track engineering friend. Looks a bit wonky!
FtHrTGYXsAMtm-U

Back
Top Bottom