Matches The League 1 Promotion Run In

“Since 2018 they have been in the hands of Karl Robinson who has been busy building his filing cabinet of grudges since then. Argyle finally gained their place in the drawer marked P for the heinous sin of playing their music too loud when we won at Home Park and daring to celebrate with our fans after the game. Christmas must be a barrel of laughs in the Robinson household as the children whisper carols while trying to open presents without the reused brown paper rustling.”

[emoji38]

A good read.
I did think at the time, comment wise, that yet again it wasn’t Karl’s finest hour. Didn’t really see why he was so upset. One of his many weird post match ramblings.

Well seasons greetings my Yellow friends, and don't think I haven't noticed your pick up in recent form....

In fact I am relying on it to make my Boxing Day complete....although you had one job at the Wendies in the 97th minute and I watched in horror at the kind of penalty I expect from us when it matters.

Obviously things are going quite well in the glorious West Country and we may remarkably hit 50 points by the half way mark....this despite an injury crisis now starting to unravel and the constant prediction from "the big two" that our squad was too thin and we would collapse soon, then quite soon then before Christmas and now definitely after Christmas.

Any plans for the January sales....we apparently are buying two to four new players.....as opposed to our ardent pursuers who are respectively buying everyone they have heard of who played for Posh and hoovering up recalled loan players from Palace etc etc....

Anyway, Cheltenham on Boxing Day for us....sadly with a fit and firing Alfie May.

So try and keep CamBran on for any late pens please.....and a draw would be lovely...a win most acceptable and we will resume friendly hostilities in February no doubt.

Happy Christmas fro the top of the tree....the views lovely but the pine needles don't half scratch.

COYG ( and yellows for one game only!).

Last edited:
On the positive side at least we don’t need to fret about this thread this season.

No better time to start.

Looking at the table, Bolton sit in 6th on 37pts from 23 games, 10W, 7D and 6L.
Simply doubling that for a full season they would get (the magical) 74pts from 20W, 14D and 12L.

Given that we've already had 7W, 8D and 8L, we need to get 13W, 6D and 4L from our last 23 games to match that.

Looking at our fixtures, we've got 13 games we should be looking to win, 7 games we can at least draw and if we do that, 3 games we can accept defeat.

Playoffs here we come ...

No but the League 1 Relegation run in thread might open if we lose tonight and on NYD.
Does anybody seriously think we could be relegated?
We would need to do far worse than in the first half of the season.
First half 23 games 29 points
Second half 23 games 20 points or fewer to be relegated. We probably need 6 wins and 3 draws to be safe (14 defeats)

Outside opinion...I can't see you gatecrashing the play offs.....although it is possible, and I absolutely don't see you being relegated.....their are at least six teams I would expect to finish below you.

We are still getting our breath back after a whirlwind opening fortnight of the Window, and now all we do is wait to see what Swansea want to do with Whittaker.....I will be gutted if they just put him on the bench for a few games and then lose interest....but you never know.

I think we would loan him in if available....and possibly with an option to buy if promoted...

I'll be rooting for you when you play our rivals....hopefully you can steal a few points ( and donate three here ) as you have all the top teams coming to you...plus Barnsley away as well...

Any hopes for the remaining window? We have a good LWB that needs a loan....Ryan Law....recalled from Gillingham as manager stopped playing him

Outside opinion...I can't see you gatecrashing the play offs.....although it is possible, and I absolutely don't see you being relegated.....their are at least six teams I would expect to finish below you.

We are still getting our breath back after a whirlwind opening fortnight of the Window, and now all we do is wait to see what Swansea want to do with Whittaker.....I will be gutted if they just put him on the bench for a few games and then lose interest....but you never know.

I think we would loan him in if available....and possibly with an option to buy if promoted...

I'll be rooting for you when you play our rivals....hopefully you can steal a few points ( and donate three here ) as you have all the top teams coming to you...plus Barnsley away as well...

Any hopes for the remaining window? We have a good LWB that needs a loan....Ryan Law....recalled from Gillingham as manager stopped playing him
You know we could do you a few favours in the rest of the season if you'd lend us a striker or two...

Hello there

First of all I wanted to thank you all again personally for your generous response to the appeal for young Jayden. It was an Oxford fan who made the payment that got them to the target ( and have since gone through it).

So are we all ready for our Valentines Day rendezvous....we have some injury issues that you may have noticed and I imagine the restlessness I perceive on here aimed at your manager has the potential to bubble over.

Hopefully we will have recovered our equilibrium after the "Cup final" (c) Owlstalk defeat we suffered at Hillsborough....but at time of writing still joint top :)

I'll be doing the One Game at a Time preview on Pasoti and will post a link...so open to any themes involving Argyle and United that might be fun to explore....

Good luck Saturday......one of this seasons joys has been the melt down in MK.

Last edited:
Hello there

First of all I wanted to thank you all again personally for your generous response to the appeal for young Jayden. It was an Oxford fan who made the payment that got them to the target ( and have since gone through it).

So are we all ready for our Valentines Day rendezvous....we have some injury issues that you may have noticed and I imagine the restlessness I perceive on here aimed at your manager has the potential to bubble over.

Hopefully we will have recovered our equilibrium after the "Cup final" (c) Owlstalk defeat we suffered at Hillsborough....but at time or writing still joint top :)

I'll be doing the One Game at a Time preview on Pasoti and will post a link...so open to any themes involving Argyle and United that might be fun to explore....

Unfortunately the “restlessness “ with the manager here, which is clear for all to see, seems to have little impact on our board, who continue to back a serial loser in Karl Robinson.
I’ve little doubt he will be leaping about maniacally on the touchline when we lose to you on Tuesday.
Apart from then, have a great season; you seem to have gained a few admirers on this forum.

Hello there

Hopefully we will have recovered our equilibrium after the "Cup final" (c) Owlstalk defeat we suffered at Hillsborough....but at time of writing still joint top :)

on current / recent form ,a very likely outcome is a(nother) St valentines day massacre, taking place at the breeze block

ever the optimist, and strawgrabbingly looking to the old adage 'its a funny old game', Im hoping for a home win, & our threadbare ,small squad raise their game collectively and deliver for Joey on tues night

We'll give you a game for about 30-35 minutes, put you on the back foot a bit and then create (and not take) a couple of chances.
You guys will no doubt soak it all up, then up things a touch and will be two up after about an hour (either one either side of half time, or both in the malaise that generally follows the break).
You can then ease off again, we'll huff and puff for a bit, make a few subs, possibly grab one back from a set piece,
You can go home with the points, and we'll go home barely able to raise the enthusiasm to do anything except turn off the radio when the manager is interviewed

A win for Plymouth on Tuesday is the only result I can see just shows how far we have fallen considering both teams were looking to go up but now Plymouth look like going up and we're praying to stay up

f**k off Robinson

Hello there

‘Injury issues’. Pah, you don’t know you’re born, sunshine!

Oh ho, do we have injury issues. We sign them up on two year contracts.

We’re the kings of injury issues!

Back
Top Bottom