Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 24+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 42, I'm booked in for therapy

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

stokeu

So here's our remaining matches, mapped against the current form table

42 points to play for, how may will we realistically get?

PosTeamPWDLFAGDPtsVenueMonth
1Barnsley65101541116AwayApril
2Sheff Wed6510134916HomeApril
3Bolton65011421215HomeApril
4Wycombe6501113815
5Derby6411146813HomeMarch
6Shrewsbury641174313
7Peterborough640297212AwayApril
8Burton Albion640288012
9Plymouth6321116511
10Lincoln City624051410AwayMarch
11Ipswich623112579
12Charlton63037709
13Portsmouth62226608HomeApril
14Fleetwood Town621357-27
15Port Vale6123510-55AwayApril
16Cambridge Utd6123410-65
17Cheltenham6123410-65HomeMarch
18Accrington Stanley612339-65HomeMay
19Exeter611436-34
20MK Dons6114514-94
21Morecambe6114617-114AwayMarch
22Oxford Utd6015310-71
23Forest Green6015211-91AwayApril
24Bristol Rovers6015212-101HomeFebruary

Mini revival and 15 points. I’ve decided, for the sake of my sanity, to look at everything through rose tinted glasses….

I'm only going to look at the league table when I'm pissed that way my eye sight will be a bit blurry and 36 might look like 86 🤣

6 point gap.

Accrington have 3 games in hand.
Burton & Cheltenham have 2 games in hand.
Morecambe, MK Dons & Cambridge have 1 game in hand.

& there was people suggesting we was play off contenders only a few weeks ago.. 🤮

6 point gap.

Accrington have 3 games in hand.
Burton & Cheltenham have 2 games in hand.
Morecambe, MK Dons & Cambridge have 1 game in hand.

& there was people suggesting we was play off contenders only a few weeks ago.. 🤮
The one thing that might help us is that teams at the bottom are there for a reason and rarely go on unbeaten runs
One or two sides might do it but we'd have to be unlucky for 4 or 5 sides to do it even if we continue our abject run
But it's a pretty poor position to be in to have to look for small mercies that might save our skin

The one thing that might help us is that teams at the bottom are there for a reason and rarely go on unbeaten runs
One or two sides might do it but we'd have to be unlucky for 4 or 5 sides to do it even if we continue our abject run
But it's a pretty poor position to be in to have to look for small mercies that might save our skin
It comes to this, scratching for small mercies. Thank you KR.

That is completely true although we are sat on 36 points which obviously won't be enough. We have to play a few of them yet and they are the games that are going to count. That's why the Cambridge defeat was so bad. I think the vegan lot at the bottom are gone so only 3 places realistically to fill.

If we continue our run we will be filling one of those spaces. Let's hope that doesn't happen we must get a win soon 🙏

See I look at that and think we’ll stay up, but my god we have to win Saturday or I’ll start to loose hope.

enough to stay clear of the drop zone places by a few points I reckon

I’m struggling to see where the next goal will come from let alone 3 points.
This is the issue atm, we simply have to find a way to win Saturday no matter how then hopefully we can build from there. If we can find some kind of form at home I think we’ll be fine… only just.

Somebody else posted about some of the teams we’ve got to play at home, eg Sheffield Wednesday & Derby, selling out their ticket allocation and getting into the home end.
It happened at Accrington with Bolton fans and assume there was trouble.
I hope the club is doing some due diligence on new people registering. Only so much they can do on postcodes though I suppose.

Next 10 days for the bottom 8 as it stands tonight
Tomorrow
OXFORD v Bristol R, BURTON v ACCRINGTON, Exeter v CAMBRIDGE, Fleetwood v MORECAMBE, FGR v Lincoln, Ipswich v MK DONS, Portsmouth v CHELTENHAM

28 Feb
Derby v CHELTENHAM, Lincoln v MK DONS

4 Mar
MORECAMBE v Bolton, CHELTENHAM v Fleetwood, P.Vale v MK DONS, ACCRINGTON v FGR, Ipswich v BURTON, CAMBRIDGE v Portsmouth, Lincoln v OXFORD

7 Mar
CAMBRIDGE v MORECAMBE, CHELTENHAM v Lincoln, Ipswich v ACCRINGTON

Some big games there

Now, if the bottom 8 carried on getting the PPG that they have for the season so far, the only change would be Accrington and Morecambe swapping places, we would get 50 points, unfortunately that is never going to happen and on current form of last 7 games we would be lucky to get to 38 points let alone 50.

Tomorrow is MASSIVE,

@Colin B & @Thecurraghofkildare can you brush of your abacuses and rev up the dot counting bus for our remaining home games??

In light of today’s relief I firmly believe those ST holders that have been staying away and those casual supporters who’ve not bothered will return.

Can we, as a fan base really make a positive difference for the run in?

@Colin B & @Thecurraghofkildare can you brush of your abacuses and rev up the dot counting bus for our remaining home games??

In light of today’s relief I firmly believe those ST holders that have been staying away and those casual supporters who’ve not bothered will return.

Can we, as a fan base really make a positive difference for the run in?
Funnily enough myself and @Thecurraghofkildare only exchanged PMs over the last couple of days, saying we'd only had the Arsenal game to dot count this season! It'll be a pleasure to do a bit of dot counting, and crowd forecasting, for some of the upcoming games.

Funnily enough myself and @Thecurraghofkildare only exchanged PMs over the last couple of days, saying we'd only had the Arsenal game to dot count this season! It'll be a pleasure to do a bit of dot counting, and crowd forecasting, for some of the upcoming games.

Top man Colin! I’m convinced it helped galvanise and push attendances up last season.

Derby 10k? let’s have a bloody good go at it!

Back
Top Bottom