Sport The Ashes - 3rd Test- 26/12/2021 - Melbourne

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On the batting side, unless any of them are completely shot mentally and there's risk of doing psychological damage, I would play the youngest group possible. No point playing Bairstow or Burns when we know there's no chance of them being part of England's future. Lawrence should get a shot.

Then does anyone know if James Bracey is still in Australia? Scored a battling century for the Lions, seems to have decent defensive technique and is a better keeper than Buttler. Would like to see him come in for the last two Tests as well, and get some more top level experience.

On the bowling front, we don't actually have any young bowlers in our squad other than Dom Bess. And anyway, the seam bowlers haven't been that bad - Anderson, Robinson & Wood probably deserve to keep their spots.
I think it a good idea to try Lawrence, Bracey and Bess.
England seem.to be naturally conservative and I would be surprised if Bracey especially comes in.

It sounds like Root is likely to be asked to stay on as Captain ( are there any alternatives?), but I would be surprised if Silverwood survives .

It sounds like Root is likely to be asked to stay on as Captain ( are there any alternatives?), but I would be surprised if Silverwood survives .
There are no alternatives and although Root hasn’t had a great series captaincy wise nobody could’ve captained this team to anything other than a heavy defeat. Add in Anderson and Broad will be gone in the next 12-18 months we are in a seriously bad position in n my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom