Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
13/0 is probably the highest opening partnership in the series. 😂

If we can get to 217, we should be able to salvage a draw in this Test.

With all the bad weather around, there shouldn't be time for the Aussies to bowl us out twice if they have to bat again as well.

That's a pretty massive if though.......

A shame Parkinson of Lancs isn’t getting a game with the series lost . A player who can turn the ball both ways and will only get better from playing in the test team.

Sadly with the importance England insist on the bowlers being able to carry the bat a bit, we are going to be stuck with Leech for a while yet.

A shame Parkinson of Lancs isn’t getting a game with the series lost . A player who can turn the ball both ways and will only get better from playing in the test team.

Sadly with the importance England insist on the bowlers being able to carry the bat a bit, we are going to be stuck with Leech for a while yet.
Leech is very much a number 9/10 batsman surely?
I agree that it is a shame Parkinson hasn't been tried, but Bess is a far better batsman than Leech.

...he couldn't do any worse than the majority of Silverwood & Root's top and middle batting order selections in this catastrophic ashes series

Leech is very much a number 9/10 batsman surely?
I agree that it is a shame Parkinson hasn't been tried, but Bess is a far better batsman than Leech.

Oh yes. The numbers back this. But people think back to that innings and think he’s some kind of saviour.

Bess, better batter, but even worse bowler for me.

Get a spinner who can spin the ball in the team. You never know, he may actually take a few wickets.

Oh yes. The numbers back this. But people think back to that innings and think he’s some kind of saviour.

Bess, better batter, but even worse bowler for me.

Get a spinner who can spin the ball in the team. You never know, he may actually take a few wickets.
Agree.
Root also clearly doesn't trust Leech (or Bess I assume)
I reckon that Root isn't particularly 'spin friendly' which is a real issue.
Why not try Parkinson? I was listening to an interview with Shane Warne the other day. He had only played a handful of Sheffield Shield games before playing for Australia and started really poorly. He was backed despite this and didn't do too badly.

Agree.
Root also clearly doesn't trust Leech (or Bess I assume)
I reckon that Root isn't particularly 'spin friendly' which is a real issue.
Why not try Parkinson? I was listening to an interview with Shane Warne the other day. He had only played a handful of Sheffield Shield games before playing for Australia and started really poorly. He was backed despite this and didn't do too badly.
It’s a sign of the times that Parkinson is 25 and played only 32 first class games (and loads of OD, T2 and Hundred games of course).

For the umpteenth Test (year?) in a row, England batsmen out playing shots they haven't earned the right to play.

Anyone hear the Ashley Giles interview recently? Almost complete in its insightlessness and avoidance of the root causes.

Meanwhile - MItchell Starc continues to prove that rotation policies in cricket are, at best, complete shash.

England were 36/4

Stokes has had two lives, and is visibly struggling with a side injury, yet showing he’s got bottle, and he and Jonny Bairstow have got England to 115/4 at the moment.

England 134/4

Stokes 51
Bairstow 45

Decent partnership, but it needs to continue for a while yet.

Back
Top Bottom