• Australia

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • England

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’ll take something very special to win from here. But I really hope we can put in some good batting performances and build for the rest of the series. After all, this is effectively England’s warm up match

So the resistance was brief......
Not only are we going to fail to post them a meaningful total, we're not going to keep them out in the field that long either.

One always seems to bring five with this England batting lineup.

Could quite easily be 360 all out tomorrow and Australia chasing 80 for the loss of two wickets just after tea.
But for now it just makes a change to see some bottle, long may it continue.
Almost, almost...

Really not a fan of cricket, but this ashes series feels as competitive as England ladies 20-0 win over Latvia.

Just don’t see any excitement or drama in the offing.

Well that was rather disappointing…

It’s difficult to see where the runs will consistently come from if they aren’t from Root. Our batting line up is worryingly flimsy and when Root is out, it almost feels inevitable that the rest will fold like a pack of cards. Unfortunately, based on the touring party we don’t appear to have anyone better to step in.

I’d replace Leach with Anderson and Woakes with Broad. A little harsh on Woakes but you need to play Wood for his pace and variation.

Oh dear, glad I fell asleep when I had tried to stay up for it!

Oh dear dear.
Excellent stand between Malan and Root and then total collapse (again)
From 200 for 2 to not even get 300 is quite pathetic

Well, that was predictable. 😡
Exactly. Did any England fan go to bed last night thinking anything other than this would happen? Most frustrating thing is that Australia aren't even all that, just we are poor. We have never seemed to be able to get the balance between limited overs and test cricket right, like the great Australian team of the 90s/2000 did when they were great at both. When we were good at test cricket we quite poor at limited overs, now we are good at limited overs cricket we are poor at test cricket.

Exactly. Did any England fan go to bed last night thinking anything other than this would happen? Most frustrating thing is that Australia aren't even all that, just we are poor. We have never seemed to be able to get the balance between limited overs and test cricket right, like the great Australian team of the 90s/2000 did when they were great at both. When we were good at test cricket we quite poor at limited overs, now we are good at limited overs cricket we are poor at test cricket.
I didnt go to bed , I watched it live ... should've switched on the Horror Channel instead, that first hour collapse was akin to that in horrorshow stakes

There was the full partnership with Leach on YouTube, I watched it back one afternoon. Might be region locked for you down there however.

Can someone smarter than me suggest how i might watch a region-locked youtube vid? I've tried UK VPN, and proxy and youtube-dl with the geoblock flags. With the VPN mylocation.org says London, but youtube still says "Not available in your region". I need some positive criggit vibes instead of this painful series.

Back
Top Bottom