• Australia

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • England

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apparently a lot of unsettled weather about so could be a fair amount of time lost during the 5 days. England are woefully undercooked, and I don't think Australia are much better prepared.

Rain-affected draw.

A cagey draw against the Convicts with some intervention from the Weather. (can we still call them that or is it offensive?) :)

Don’t we normally get spanked over there?
Frankly, I don’t see how we are in any shape to win the ashes home or away but I am willing to suspend all negativity and hope those baggy capped jailbirds get a whupping.😂

I can’t see anything but an Australian win in the first test match at the Gabba. The only way we get anything from this game will be to play out of our skins, or get a lucky break with some severe bad weather.

I know the Aussies have named there team, but I don’t think Joe Root has just yet.

I’d love us to go and give it a real good go, any battle for everything, rather than the tail between the legs and give in.

Now they’ve taken the 5th test off Perth (cos we’re germophobic here), I really hope we turn them over.

(BTW way has anyone ever found a recording or stream of the whole of stokes’ innings in the 3rd headingley test 2019? I saw it “live”, then they showed it a week or two later and I’ve never been able to find it anywhere online. I want to subject my son to it! Highlights simply do not cut it).

(BTW way has anyone ever found a recording or stream of the whole of stokes’ innings in the 3rd headingley test 2019? I saw it “live”, then they showed it a week or two later and I’ve never been able to find it anywhere online. I want to subject my son to it! Highlights simply do not cut it).
There was the full partnership with Leach on YouTube, I watched it back one afternoon. Might be region locked for you down there however.

Their attack is pretty formidable.
We are ridiculously undercooked.
Let's hope that the weather sees us

Go on you tube and watch Ben Stokes brilliant 258 vs South Africa at Newlands (Cape Town)

Wonderful innings.

Gotta be honest, I have a bad feeling about this.

Firstly because it's Brisbane, where we haven't won since 1986 and have only twice not been hammered since.

And secondly because their bowling attack is still excellent, particularly in Australian conditions, whilst our batting continues to be brittle as hell - other than Root, I don't know that there's any England batsman that I would have any confidence in averaging over 30 this series.

I think we'll probably bowl them out cheaply a couple of times this series as well - because their batting is certainly not intimidating at the moment either - but I still fear that they're the better team overall.

Still, if it gets too bad, and I can just stick my 2010/11 DVDs on again......now that was an England team!

It wouldn't surprise me if we don't see Broad and Anderson in the same team again, think they will be selected depending on pitches.

Anderson will play in Adelaide. He’s always done quite well there, and more bowler friendly. The Gabba is a tough place to bowl, and you have to pitch the ball up, to encourage the drive. That’s the best way to get wickets on the Aussie pitches. Or it’s the old saying, Aim at the stumps, if the batsman misses you hit.

I can see us losing this first match by a good 200+ runs.

I will be watching it live though, as always! Won’t miss a single delivery throughout the series.

Back
Top Bottom