Sport The Ashes - 2nd Test - Adelaide

Why on earth did Australia bring in a night watchman when Warner was run out?
.... the convicts couldve put a boxing kangaroo in as nightwatchman , the bowling( under lights, with a new ball) was as poor as the batting has been in the series so far, only Root managed to nick a wicket, and he's hardly a new ball bowler! ... one miserable wicket .... Silverwood, just go

.... the convicts couldve put a boxing kangaroo in as nightwatchman , the bowling( under lights, with a new ball) was as poor as the batting has been in the series so far, only Root managed to nick a wicket, and he's hardly a new ball bowler! ... one miserable wicket .... Silverwood, just go
Root didn't get a wickets Sarge - it was a run out!

There's not even the "Well, the Aussies have a great bowling attack" excuse for today's collapse.
Richardson was poor and Necar was average, but it still didn't matter because we made Cameron Green & Nathan Lyon look like Glenn McGrath & Shane Warne.

Right, I need cheering up. Back to the 2005 DVDs.......

Root didn't get a wickets Sarge - it was a run out!
I knew what I meant( haha)- I stand corrected ... decent fielding by Broad...... ( rushing around like Putin in speed, trying to get ready for my lift to footy, me!)

There's not even the "Well, the Aussies have a great bowling attack" excuse for today's collapse.
Richardson was poor and Necar was average, but it still didn't matter because we made Cameron Green & Nathan Lyon look like Glenn McGrath & Shane Warne.

Right, I need cheering up. Back to the 2005 DVDs.......
Nathan Lyon is a world class off spinner though.
Mapan was suggesting that Lyon gets more bounce than any off spinner he has faced.
But yes, quite that attack it makes England's batting look even worse.

Nathan Lyon is a world class off spinner though.
Mapan was suggesting that Lyon gets more bounce than any off spinner he has faced.
But yes, quite that attack it makes England's batting look even worse.

Yeah, that's fair enough......I was just making the contrast for dramatic effect.

Though as good as Lyon is, he's no Shane Warne! Rewatching the 2005 Ashes, it's insane what he could do with a cricket ball. Some of the deliveries he bowled (particularly to poor Andrew Strauss) were impossible and utterly unplayable!

The only reason that I can think for the Aussies not enforcing the follow-on is to ensure gate receipts for Day 5.
They had the chance to bowl with the pink ball under lights, with bowlers that had barely needed to break sweat

Last edited:
Hailstorm in Melbourne today, and that’s only ten hours away by road.

We can live in eternal hope…?

So that’s it then. Time for the chase!

England need 468 to win.

A bit of a scare there towards the end of the session, but the Aussies did well not to review the LBW shout, as it was going over.

Shame Hameed went so quickly, and just got caught between playing and leaving, and nicked one to slip.

Burns has showed a bit of courage, and I love Malan cover drive on his first ball faced.

We need to bat by playing shots, rather than defend and block everything, and show some bottle. Only a matter of time before Lyon comes on, but it doesn’t look a bad batting surface. Just a bit of extra bounce every now and then. So England need to be watchful, and play each ball on its merits.

Even off pitch issues, BBC TMS unable to enter the stadium due to Covid.

What else can happen?!

England are showing a bit of fight and fair play to Burns.
It looks as if Lyon is getting at lot of turn and let's wait for the inevitable collapse!

Back
Top Bottom