Sport The Ashes - 2nd Test - Adelaide

358-5 ..................... ye gods that will take some chasing..... draw on the cards? Convicts batting too long rather than exploiting our weaknesses?

390-7 at the break. You just know we'll now roll them over for 450, then have to start batting when dusk falls, the ball starts swinging round corners, and we will be 50-5 in the blink of an eye.

Well this is just getting more embarrassing by the ball. Finally they have declared on 473/9, just in time for the floodlight cricket to take effect. Woakes and Stokes taking a hammering from the tail to get them there.

Looks like being the most one sided test series between these two teams for a long time. Does anyone at all think we are likely to avoid the follow on?

It sounds as if the pitch is playing up a little .
Let's see us England can see it through to the close without too much damage.
I would be a little surprised if we avoid an innings defeat, but you never know.

I am giving up on listening to this. It's got a grinding inevitability about it.

The sad thing is that this isn’t a particularly vintage Aussie team. They’re good - a top three Test side - but behind India and probably NZ in quality. England don’t have a prayer. Dropped catches, the opposition tail wagging test after test, crap openers, godawful selections and tactics.

I’m normally glued to TMS or frantically checking the score when I can’t be listening, grabbing my phone to see what the situation as soon as I wake up. I haven’t bothered to listen even once this time around nor check very often. The interest in this series is way down on my list of priorities.

Give me a proper coach like Andy Flower again and not some Peter Moores-style yes-man like Chris Silverwood any day.

Back
Top Bottom