Sunderland Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
And choose not too fill it when Oxford play there ... but when a bunch of makems visit they move heaven, hell and their own st holders to accomadate. Petty, niggly,tinpot outfit ww are
Suspect they are taking into account beer and pie sales, and the exemplary behaviour of the Mackem fans.

As of 8.45am on Tuesday I make total tickets sales (including giveaways to the u18 team and their families!!) to be 9416

Remaining seats number 2337, split as follows

South Stand Lower 572

Block 1 49
Block 2 147
Block 3 50
Block 7 144
Block 8 182

Blocks 4, 5 & 6 are sold out

South Stand Upper 341

Block 9 194
Block 10 6
Block 15 141

Blocks 11, 12, 13 & 14 are sold out

East Stand 850

Block 16 134
Block 17 182
Block 18 101
Block 19 75
Block 20 127
Block 21 235

North Stand 574

Block 22 276
Block 23 35
Block 24 149
Block 25 114

Exactly 2,100 left as of just now, so a further 237 sold since this morning, meaning 9,650 has been surpassed.

I think 10,000 will be surpassed tomorrow or Thursday.

I suppose this shows who the bigger club in the north east is tickets for the Newcastle game were sold out by now. Little old Sunderland haven't got the appeal of there superior neighbours.

I suppose this shows who the bigger club in the north east is tickets for the Newcastle game were sold out by now. Little old Sunderland haven't got the appeal of there superior neighbours.
Ho ho. In this league? I smell gravy.

No contest really,Newcastle would win every time.

I don’t really see the game against Sunderland as any bigger than a lot of the games we have in L1. It certainly doesn’t make me any more likely to go than any other game.

I’d be quite interested to see what sales would be like if the club weren’t promoting it as hard as they are.

I really don’t see what all the fuss is about with this fixture. Biggest team are in the North East? For me it’s Newcastle but again that’s personal opinion.

I’m sure SD and CM will enjoy their big day out as much as Tiger will, assuming he has the air miles to cover his flight back for the game.

I remember in the 90s we seemed to thrash Sunderland most years. They have a lot of fans but that doesn’t mean we regard them as a big deal. Probably good if they get promoted though just to get them out of our hair

I think what this shows is that we aren’t as big of a club as fans think we are. We are struggling to reach 10k for a game that is probably one of the biggest league home games in terms of opposition we have had in years. It might just be me but I find it a bit embarrassing.

It shocked me that on twitter tonight we have only had a 10k plus crowd 5 times since 2010.

I remember in the 90s we seemed to thrash Sunderland most years. They have a lot of fans but that doesn’t mean we regard them as a big deal. Probably good if they get promoted though just to get them out of our hair

Really? the only matches l can actually remember from the 90’s we lost one of them 7-0 - I can remember 4 - two of which I went to the 7-0 and 3-2 in the cup - also remember mark angel scoring against them listening on the radio but we lost 3-1 I think - can’t remember any wins but I may be wrong. We had some great battles with them back in the 70’s though including the incident when one of their fans tried to strangle Jon Milkins in front of the London road before jimmy light laid into him.

I think what this shows is that we aren’t as big of a club as fans think we are. We are struggling to reach 10k for a game that is probably one of the biggest league home games in terms of opposition we have had in years. It might just be me but I find it a bit embarrassing.

It shocked me that on twitter tonight we have only had a 10k plus crowd 5 times since 2010.
I am surprised that we WILL get 10k. We are fourth from bottom in League 1.
Why would people particularly want to go and see Sunderland?

Rare that the opposition will have a huge affect on our home support, unless it’s a true giant like MUFC or a very big club in the FA Cup.

What drives home support is success. You can join the dots, I’m sure.
I agree although not sure what dots are being joined as success can't be driving the support for this game, which will be biggest crowd of season. I honestly don't know but perhaps the Don and Charlie effect, unless we are true giants. ?

It’s a more interesting game than most this season but there’s hardly been a huge scramble for tickets here.

Donald and Methven are known to the collective loons on here, but to Mr & Mrs Average Oxford-Fan, they barely register in their consciousness, if at all.

It's not like we are playing Swindon or anything. A big game yes, but not a top tier one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom