Matches Sunderland Sell-Out!

A lot leaving after the game from the open end of the north west corner giving it large, shame there isn’t a walnut uo to prevent them leaving and a possible confrontation, but as someone said they disperse leaving that end, yeah right
what way do you want them to go bazzer? the club can only do so much.

There was "tiff" in the NS between a member of this parish and a representative of OxVox - whether one said "P**s off" or "F**k off" is open to debate and the protaginist protests their innocence barring being in someone else's seat........

Drama.

There was Blunderland supporter in the SSU but he was alright if a tad smug after..... should have made him walk home. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I see this unfolding over twitter. Bit over the top grassing someone up on social media for them saying a rude word:ROFLMAO:

what way do you want them to go bazzer? the club can only do so much.
I’ve got no issues I’m just mentioning this as a while back there was talk on here about the board that goes up outside the north stand to prevent opposition fans meeting up with Oxford fans and a potential flash point. At the time I said I couldn’t work out why there wasn’t one on the corner as well and the reply I kept getting was the away fans disperse and I said they didn’t.

I’ve got no issues I’m just mentioning this as a while back there was talk on here about the board that goes up outside the north stand to prevent opposition fans meeting up with Oxford fans and a potential flash point. At the time I said I couldn’t work out why there wasn’t one on the corner as well and the reply I kept getting was the away fans disperse and I said they didn’t.
I think the only thing they could do is hold the away fans in for a few minutes, but even then because of the unfinished stadium and the wall behind the NS the home fans in the north stand and east stand don't reach the car park for 5/10 minutes anyway so there will always be fans meeting up.

A lot leaving after the game from the open end of the north west corner giving it large, shame there isn’t a walnut uo to prevent them leaving and a possible confrontation, but as someone said they disperse leaving that end, yeah right

Yeah, that Sunderland fans/walnut thing is really weird. Kind of like garlic and vampires.

I wonder where that all came from.

Club saying in excess of 11,500. I think it could be as much as 11,625 while Colin has suggested a maximum capacity of 11,655, but Saturday will give us the actual figure!
Out of interest how did the actual figure compare to predictions in the end? I didn't hear/see the crowd announced on Saturday now I think about it.

Out of interest how did the actual figure compare to predictions in the end? I didn't hear/see the crowd announced on Saturday now I think about it.

2nd highest attendance we've ever recoded in league one, 11790 in 2016 against Northampton is the highest but unless segregation and seats in front of the wheelchair platform in the North stand are some how used again we won't beat that.

Last edited:
Yeah, that Sunderland fans/walnut thing is really weird. Kind of like garlic and vampires.

I wonder where that all came from.
As my old nan used to sing as she dandled me on her knee, 🎶”Hang your walnut on the door/or the Sunderland fans will come”🎶

So the dot counters were way off, think they’ve had a bad run at the moment and will finish outside of the top six 😉
I had capacity as

Stadium Bowl. 9,577
Boxes. 290
Away Fans. 1,782
Total. 11,649

So the club either found an extra 41 seats from somewhere (not impossible, as they don't sell certain seats with a poor view normally) or they counted the returned, and re-sold, season tickets twice. Either way, I wouldn't call 41 being miles out.

Perhaps you'd like to count the dots for the next match!

I had capacity as

Stadium Bowl. 9,577
Boxes. 290
Away Fans. 1,782
Total. 11,649

So the club either found an extra 41 seats from somewhere (not impossible, as they don't sell certain seats with a poor view normally) or they counted the returned, and re-sold, season tickets twice. Either way, I wouldn't call 41 being miles out.

Perhaps you'd like to count the dots for the next match!
You @Colin B and @Thecurraghofkildare Carry on you’re both doing a fine job.

Back
Top Bottom