Home Match Build Up 09/04/2022 L1: OUFC v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of a friend's son is at the New York Yankee baseball game as we speak and is a massive OUFC fan. Apparently whilst sat in the stand having a tin of beer two American lads spoke to him and asked where in England was he from? Friend of a friends son said ' I'm from the city that houses the most famous United football team'. The American said 'I know this'...and said it's Manchester isn't it. Friend of a friend son said no it's Oxford. They really enjoyed the tease and P**s taking and then they bought the friend of a friends son another pilsner!

Friend of a friends son will hopefully if their flight is not affected in any way tonight will be sat in the North Stand tomorrow cheering on the biggest United in Britania!

Ffs COYY'S.

A friend of a friend's son is at the New York Yankee baseball game as we speak and is a massive OUFC fan. Apparently whilst sat in the stand having a tin of beer two American lads spoke to him and asked where in England was he from? Friend of a friends son said ' I'm from the city that houses the most famous United football team'. The American said 'I know this'...and said it's Manchester isn't it. Friend of a friend son said no it's Oxford. They really enjoyed the tease and P**s taking and then they bought the friend of a friends son another pilsner!

Friend of a friends son will hopefully if their flight is not affected in any way tonight will be sat in the North Stand tomorrow cheering on the biggest United in Britania!

Ffs COYY'S.

Many years ago I was watching NY Knicks at Madison Square Garden and thought I'd wear my Oxford shirt. Popped out to get hot dogs and found myself in the queue next to another Oxford shirt wearing fan! He told me that Ian Atkins had been kicked out for talking to Bristol Rovers! Also said that basketball was shite and he was only there for the food!!

Small world and all that!

Now is the time to take stock and re-group and try and get our play-off campaign back on track. Tuesday’s cold, wet and windy night dissapointment is history now and we can’t do anything about that, but we can do something about the remaining five matches, starting on Saturday against Sunderland. I personally think that we play better against the top teams,as they are usually games where both teams at least try to play footbal. On Tuesday night, in the second half Morecambe had at least eight players encamped around their penalty area, to stop us playing our natural game. On Saturday it should be totally different, the weather forecast is for a sunny day and eleven degrees ,we will also be playing on our own well manicured turf, but most of all the players will be playing in front of the biggest attendance of the season, that should be a real motivation for them to perform,but it should also be a motivation for us to perform as well, as there are going to be 10,000 home fans in the Kassam, it’s up to to us to raise the noise level -and the roof- and make sure that we out sing our 1,600 noisy northern visitors . At the Manor, it seemed as if the London Road crowd noise could suck the ball into the net, it wouldn it be great if we could create that atmosphere again at the Kassam, especially in the East Stand. This season we have taken points off of the team’s that we still have to play, so there’s no reason why we shouldn’t start doing that again on Saturday. The Sunderland manager, Alex Neil, has been saying this week that United play attractive,attacking football and will be really going for it on Saturday and that Sunderland can’t go there with a cagey game plan. So it sounds as though they are not coming just for a draw, could be a few goals in this on. So let’s do our best to help the boys get over the winning line and hopefully, at five to five tomorrow afternoon, love it or hate it, Sweet Caroline will echoing around the Kassam. Enjoy the game everyone. Come on you yellows.

Ffs COYY'S.
OxfordYankees ‘ere, OxfordYankees there, OxfordYankees everywhere!

We've got 5 games left including this one that's 5 cup finals it's probably going to take 10-12 points to get in the play offs so let's start this 5 game block with a win otherwise the season really is over I thinks
So 5 games
Sunderland
Fleetwood
Mk Dons
Rotherham
Doncaster
Luckily for us Plymouth play both Sunderland and Wycombe in the next couple if weeks and both teams can't win so if we start this 5 game block with a win that hopefully will give us the confidence to go on and beat Fleetwood follow that up with a win against mk and maybe just maybe this will be our year

I have decided to be totally pessimistic about this math and the rest of the season. Since I a usually wrong about such games maybe it will be all right.

Many years ago I was watching NY Knicks at Madison Square Garden and thought I'd wear my Oxford shirt. Popped out to get hot dogs and found myself in the queue next to another Oxford shirt wearing fan! He told me that Ian Atkins had been kicked out for talking to Bristol Rovers! Also said that basketball was shite and he was only there for the food!!

Small world and all that!
Friend of a friends son sent a pic over of the New York Knicks game this week against the Brooklyn Mets. Enjoyed this too. Look at the sold out sign. Hope this is an omen for tomorrow's game!

COYY'S

Attachments

• IMG-20220407-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20220407-WA0004.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 9
Friend of a friends son sent a pic over of the New York Knicks game this week against the Brooklyn Mets. Enjoyed this too. Look at the sold out sign. Hope this is an omen for tomorrow's game!

COYY'S
To be fair, I wouldn't bet against the final score being 95-92 either!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom