Home Match Build Up 09/04/2022 L1: OUFC v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxford1996

Well, well, well… a win & nothing else in front of a sell out ground to salvage the season..

Last edited:
Well, well, well… a win & nothing else in front of a sell out ground to salvage the season..

Stevens
McNally Moore Long
Sykes Kane Brannagan Seddon
Bodin
Whyte Taylor
Christ I hope that’s not the team

Need a win in front of a full house................. these don`t tend to end well.

Time for the ball to roll our way for a change.

2-0 win. :)

We haven’t beaten Sunderland (properly over 90 mins, the League Cup game was a lucky draw) in donkey’s years. With our current momentum and theirs going in the right direction, I can only see a defeat.

Get CamBran back and possibly Moore to freshen up that defence and there could be a chance.

Brannagan should have fresh legs. McGuane, Sykes, Holland seem in good form. Something like:

Stevens
Long McNally Moore Brown
Brannagan
Sykes McGuane
Whyte Taylor Holland​

Could work.

If we did want to go back to three at the back:

Stevens
McNally Moore Long
Williams Brannagan Brown
Sykes McGuane
Bodin
Taylor​

Let’s hope we can bounce back Saturday with a win, we will need Brannagan and Moore back. See you all for a drink in the last chance saloon. Let’s hope we don’t get to hear a rather large lady standing on a table singing loudly.

COYY

It's not uncommon for a KR side to put in a top notch, fully committed display after a poor game and we all know how easily we can make good teams look like also rans when we turn on the style.

The only problem with that playbook is that the last couple of games haven't seen us putting in a poor performance, just suffering poor results.

Karl's normal motivation will need to incorporate something new - I can see the "if it wasn't for the bad luck, we'd have no luck at all" clouds beginning to gather and he needs to get that idea out of everyone's head (well the players anyway, I can wallow in it ....)

We haven’t beaten Sunderland (properly over 90 mins, the League Cup game was a lucky draw) in donkey’s years. With our current momentum and theirs going in the right direction, I can only see a defeat.

Get CamBran back and possibly Moore to freshen up that defence and there could be a chance.

1994 IIRC? What are 28 years between friends? You could say it`s overdue. :)

1994 IIRC? What are 28 years between friends? You could say it`s overdue. :)

According to the pet age calculator 30 years for a human is equivalent to 90 years for a donkey.

What this means I don't know.

According to the pet age calculator 30 years for a human is equivalent to 90 years for a donkey.
Donkeys travel around the sun 3 times quicker than humans? How do they survive the journey?

I've got the last six predictions right and I say WIN! it might be too late though. I reckon we'll win at Rotherham too but I fear for Fleetwood.

I would like to see us revert back to the 4-3-3 that worked for us at the start of the season for this one. My team would be:

Holland Taylor Whyte
Sykes Kane Brannagan
Seddon McNally Moore Long
Eastwood

Thought Holland looked bright for 60 last night and we need players who will carry the ball and be direct to get at Sunderland as I’m sure there will be space to exploit in the wide areas. Can’t see them coming and playing for a draw personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom