Matches Sunderland Sell-Out!

18 seats now available - 2 in the East Stand and 8 each in the South Stand Lower and Upper. Three pair of seats available in Blocks 5/13/15 but changing all the time as seats are added or sold!
It's a dot counter's worst nightmare. Just as you thought you had an evening off because of the sell out, this happens.

"So we can sell the same seat twice" seemed to have been missed off though.

That's almost as morally bankrupt as ticket touting. 🤷‍♀️

Once a game is sold out, unused season tickets seats can be sold.

Nothing to do with ticket touting.

While I can see why the club would do it so as many people can go but surely while the club get maximum price for that ticket plus the season ticket holders money for that ticket, should the season ticket holder not get some form of compensation?

While I can see why the club would do it so as many people can go but surely while the club get maximum price for that ticket plus the season ticket holders money for that ticket, should the season ticket holder not get some form of compensation?
Because they weren't going anyway and they're doing it voluntary?

Some clubs do exactly that. But ultimately it's down to the season ticket holder to offer the seats back so I guess they do so happy in the knowledge that someone else will be able to go instead.

Tucked away in club email today:
With the Kassam Stadium at maximum capacity, you might want to consider releasing your seat for one game only to enable another supporter who was unable to get tickets to experience the match. If you would like to do this, please contact the ticket office by 5pm today via telephone on 01865 337533.
Sorry everyone has a chance for a ticket for non ST holders it’s a 1st come war served basis. Win tomorrow then those that can’t get a ticket buy for the next home game MK Dons but he quick as I’ve said it’s a 1st come 1sr served basis.

17 tickets now available - most of the previously available ones are sold with new ones now popping up!

1 in the North Stand (back row of middle block 25)
9 in the South Stand Lower - including pairs in blocks 4 & 7
7 in the South Stand Upper - including pair in block 13

How can they tell whether a season ticket will be unused or not? Unless a ST holder says they’re not going in advance.

They can only sell if the holder gives permission and that's why they have asked in the email. It's more money for the club at the end of the day and just shows we could of probably sold more than 12k for this match if they were available. Its only making our argument that we need this 18k stadium stronger where when this stadium was first mentioned a few people said we don't even have 7k at games. 😀

They can only sell if the holder gives permission and that's why they have asked in the email. It's more money for the club at the end of the day and just shows we could of probably sold more than 12k for this match if they were available. Its only making our argument that we need this 18k stadium stronger where when this stadium was first mentioned a few people said we don't even have 7k at games. 😀
Don't get me started! Such a massive misconception and underestimation of our existing support levels, let alone new support that would come with Stratfield Brake (I'll save that for another thread)!

5 seats still available this morning on the ticketing site if anyone is looking for a last minute purchase - 4 in south stand lower (2 each in blocks 1 & 3) and 1 in south stand upper (block 15).

Whilst I love your "the club can do no wrong" ethos you are on the wrong page.

If I attend or not makes no odds to the club - I`ve paid. ✅

If I switch to another seat they know my seat becomes "free" and can be sold - that's fine because I`m sitting somewhere else. ✅

If I tell them I can`t go to a sold-out game and they re-sell the seat that is a "double bubble" for the club. ❌

If I give my ticket to a friend because I can`t go that is helping another supporter out. :)

If I switch to another seat they know my seat becomes "free" and can be sold - that's fine because I`m sitting somewhere else. ✅

If I tell them I can`t go to a sold-out game and they re-sell the seat that is a "double bubble" for the club. ❌

If I give my ticket to a friend because I can`t go that is helping another supporter out. :)

Sadly it is you that is wrong. Once a game is sold out, the club is able to offer unused season tickets for resale completely legally. Many clubs already do this. Some do it through ticket exchanges where the non-attending season ticket holder is compensated in some way. We've not had the need to set this in place before, but hopefully recent crowds may mean that this is an option in future.

The actions of the club to try to maximise the opportunity for a fan to sit in every seat should be applauded rather than unfounded suggestions that this is no better than ticket touting.

We're talking about less than 100 tickets in total. At £20 per ticket, the club gains two grand, which is pennies in the greater scheme of things. But 100 people get to see the game that might still define our season.

It might be hard for some to accept, but you'll be surprised how often the club does the right thing.

Whether you attend or not makes some difference to the club - if everyone who buys a ticket doesn’t attend the atmosphere won’t be great!

Back
Top Bottom