Matches Sunderland Sell-Out!

Scotchegg

Let's not f**k about here, 3 games to go, 3 sell outs!!

Sunderland already showing good numbers of home sales and the away end will sell out, so let's keep up the great efforts from everyone to get every seat sold.

With every point crucial, your support might just be the difference we need to find the next last minute goal. Let's make this happen!

We need three sell outs and the last three games need to be electric bring your mates your nan your gramps or even Joe bloggs from down the road but whoever you do bring make sure you bring your singing voice from minute 1 to minute 90+ let's make it yellow let's make it loud and let's bring home the points
COYY 💛💙

Just did a quick and probably not 100% accurate first tally for this one at midnight on Saturday (19th).

The good news is that we are already well ahead of Ipswich early sales. For that match 13 days out (midnight on the Sunday) there were 3,598 seats available.

For Sunderland, 21 days out (and therefore 8 days earlier), there are 3,234 home seats left so we are already 364 sales ahead.

The remaining seats are split

South Stand Lower 784 (183/148/100/14/1/16/169/153)

South Stand Upper 510 (217/15/14/0/10/15/239)

East Stand 854 (105/188/68/94/156/243)

North Stand 1,086 (290/162/258/376)

Given no home match for 3 weeks, only 3 more home games (plus a playoff hopefully) this season, the importance of the match against another promotion candidate and the fact that it’s Sunderland, there must be every chance of a sellout and quite possibly in advance of match day so encourage your friends and family to get buying their tickets early!

Just did a quick and probably not 100% accurate first tally for this one at midnight on Saturday (19th).

The good news is that we are already well ahead of Ipswich early sales. For that match 13 days out (midnight on the Sunday) there were 3,598 seats available.

For Sunderland, 21 days out (and therefore 8 days earlier), there are 3,234 home seats left so we are already 364 sales ahead.

The remaining seats are split

South Stand Lower 784 (183/148/100/14/1/16/169/153)

South Stand Upper 510 (217/15/14/0/10/15/239)

East Stand 854 (105/188/68/94/156/243)

North Stand 1,086 (290/162/258/376)

Given no home match for 3 weeks, only 3 more home games (plus a playoff hopefully) this season, the importance of the match against another promotion candidate and the fact that it’s Sunderland, there must be every chance of a sellout and quite possibly in advance of match day so encourage your friends and family to get buying their tickets early!

Good work. I was expecting you and @Colin B to take a few days off, but I guess dots are your addiction now!

I think you're right that we may well sell out ahead of the game so it's even more important than ever that those looking to get to this game are booking early. And with a possible/probably playoff game to come, having (electronic) ticket stubs from these remaining games may be needed if you want a seat for the home leg!

Good work. I was expecting you and @Colin B to take a few days off, but I guess dots are your addiction now!

I think you're right that we may well sell out ahead of the game so it's even more important than ever that those looking to get to this game are booking early. And with a possible/probably playoff game to come, having (electronic) ticket stubs from these remaining games may be needed if you want a seat for the home leg!
I'll certainly take a few says off from it. When you find yourself counting dots, instead of sheep, in bed it's time to wean yourself off of the addiction!!!!

Seriously though, I'll do a full count tomorrow and enter the numbers on the spreadsheet. Now that we've had a number of these large crowds I've got a lot more data to play with, so have a few ideas of some different comparisons and projections to play with, so hope to be able to put some of it on here to keep it interesting.

Yesterday was our third highest ever home attendance in a league one game. Only the Swindon and Northampton games in 2016 were slightly higher, with the Northampton game holding the record at 11790.

Is 11790 still the maximum capacity?

Yesterday was our third highest ever home attendance in a league one game. Only the Swindon and Northampton games in 2016 were slightly higher, with the Northampton game holding the record at 11790.

Is 11790 still the maximum capacity?

I think it's around 11600 now due to the loss of some disabled seating.

I'll certainly take a few says off from it. When you find yourself counting dots, instead of sheep, in bed it's time to wean yourself off of the addiction!!!!

Seriously though, I'll do a full count tomorrow and enter the numbers on the spreadsheet. Now that we've had a number of these large crowds I've got a lot more data to play with, so have a few ideas of some different comparisons and projections to play with, so hope to be able to put some of it on here to keep it interesting.
You will certainly not be taking a few days off. A precedent has been set out and you have to go with it. No match for a fortnight and nothing much to say on the forum. We all need your input re. Sunderland and anything less will not be tolerated!!

11600 is pretty poor as a capacity, we are approaching it now in league one, so it will be undersized if we get to the championship. Yet another reason we need to leave.

I think that it shows how far we have come where our capacity is becoming an issue. As @OX14 has said, we've only exceeded 11k twice before in league games and the idea of 5 out of 6 home games exceeding 10k would have been laughed at a couple of years ago.

With the new stadium development still in its infancy, it does demonstrate that there is a real interest in live sport in Oxfordshire. You're right, we do need to leave. And every sell out can only help those making the decisions to realise that a move really is needed.

They can't take any days off, this project is only in its infancy. It is not merely counting dots, these two chaps are now building the statistical model, accumulating historical data to show trends for future games to predict the crowds. Great stuff.

They can't take any days off, this project is only in its infancy. It is not merely counting dots, these two chaps are now building the statistical model, accumulating historical data to show trends for future games to predict the crowds. Great stuff.

Statues for both at the new stadium please.

Not their faces though, obviously.

Just two large floating dots, under which we can all leave pocket calculators to say thank you for their ongoing counting heroics.

I think it's around 11600 now due to the loss of some disabled seating.

Is there not a way we can use those 100 seats in North Stand, below the disabled seating. Clearly categorise it as a non-standing area, must be seated at ALL times.
Some very elderly, less mobile people, pregnant ladies, would appreciate an area where fans are not jumping about when a goal is scored. Perhaps the tickets are only be sold by calling the ticket office. Perhaps they are reserved for blue badge holders?
Or could the area be used for club staff which frees up seats in south stand.

I think that it shows how far we have come where our capacity is becoming an issue. As @OX14 has said, we've only exceeded 11k twice before in league games and the idea of 5 out of 6 home games exceeding 10k would have been laughed at a couple of years ago.

With the new stadium development still in its infancy, it does demonstrate that there is a real interest in live sport in Oxfordshire. You're right, we do need to leave. And every sell out can only help those making the decisions to realise that a move really is needed.
We’re far from nailed on for promotion but people want to see us play. Credit to Robinson for creating such an exciting team.

Is there not a way we can use those 100 seats in North Stand, below the disabled seating. Clearly categorise it as a non-standing area, must be seated at ALL times.
Some very elderly, less mobile people, pregnant ladies, would appreciate an area where fans are not jumping about when a goal is scored. Perhaps the tickets are only be sold by calling the ticket office. Perhaps they are reserved for blue badge holders?

Great suggestion!

How many pregnant women are coming to Oxford games?!

How many pregnant women are coming to Oxford games?!
That's the point, probably not, but if you think about it there must be lots of pregnant ladies who support Oxford and came to games regularly before being pregnant then they probably stop coming because they can't risk getting caught in the middle of a goal celebration and being knocked over.

Back
Top Bottom