Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he'll enjoy playing in the concrete jungle where most U's fans like to get up, stand up.

Waiting in vain for some quality wordplay, I'd take a small axe to that last effort.

Would a 3-4-3 work, like the way Liverpool played with Mane, fimino & Salah.

Liverpool was always 4-3-3 with those three - with both full backs bombing on like lunatics but a couple of very disciplined midfielders sitting.
But I'm still not sure we have a player like Firmino - he really did play mostly like a traditional hold-up CF, bringing those around him into play.

I see us more like pre-Haaland Manchester City - a bunch of small, quick, skillful forwards working like crazy, and passing in a bewildering array of intricate triangles that noone can keep up with!

I see Joseph being used as a part exchange for Yates. We can put that to bed then.

Or leads to certain players leaving who could take us to the next level while doubling or trebling their transfer fee .
Shouldn't always be looking to see young talent first offer that comes along.
But if they were in our side at the next level they mightn't need to move on - a gamble whichever way you look at it as discussed on The Dub sometimes you just have to take the chance when it comes along if you aren't well established like Brannagan for example

Could someone from the anorak brigade present the squad in this format with their ages listed to the right.

1 - Beadle - 18
2 - Long - 28
4 - Thorniley - 26
5 - Moore - 26
6 - McEachran - 30
8 - Brannagan - 27
9 - Harris - 24
10 - Bodin - 31
11 - Browne - 25
13 - Eastwood - 34
14 - Smyth - 23
15 - Stevens - 20
16 - Brown - 25
17 - Henry - 34
18 - McGuane - 24
19 - Goodrham - 19
20 - Rodrigues - 26
21 - McGinty - 23
23 - Murphy - 28
24 -
25 - Gorrin - 29
26 - Golding - 18
28 - Negru - 20
30 - Wildschut - 31
33 - Mfuni - 19
35 - Findlay - 27
39 - O'Donker - 18

League 1 news

@League1news22

Blackpool are on the verge of completing a deal for Swansea City forward Kyle Joseph The player was on loan at Oxford United last season and will be a replacement for Jerry YatesTangerine fans how do you feel about this addition to the squad

“This is a really big signing for Wigan, as they’re getting a player who is proven at this level, and he’s about to enter his peak years.“

I know times are tough at Wigan, but on what planet is Clare a really big signing!?
Big ego perhaps? Big chance of a red card every time he plays? Maybe that’s what he means by big 🤣

I’m happy we can now go for an out and out number nine not a winger/ striker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom