General Season ticket prices

I`m a bit meh about it to be fair.
As discussed it`s a poor shot at marketing by suggesting we are getting "free things" that we will either not want (Pizza trophy) or have actually paid for already with the difference between a ST & iFollow.
As posted earlier everyone will be in a different position, some will have been paid 80% to sit on their backsides, some will have been WFH, some will have been ground into dust on the frontline. All impacts on budgets.
End of the day we all make our choices as to what suits, but the Club might be disappointed by the quantity of renewals as lots of folk wait & see what will happen before committing their £££`s.

I'm definitely feeling grumpy old man about this but, Mrs Lounger is just resigned to paying. Her feelings are that she can't wait to see some footy, live, in person and not on the tele through one dodgy camera angle.
I guess that's how the club viewed all this, some of us would complain, others get bolshy but, on the whole, most will just bite the bullet and go ahead and renew.
It's not what I call good customer service but, that's how it is.

I'm definitely feeling grumpy old man about this but, Mrs Lounger is just resigned to paying. Her feelings are that she can't wait to see some footy, live, in person and not on the tele through one dodgy camera angle.
I guess that's how the club viewed all this, some of us would complain, others get bolshy but, on the whole, most will just bite the bullet and go ahead and renew.
It's not what I call good customer service but, that's how it is.

East Stand or North? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I suppose being one of "The Chosen" it`ll be an automatic upgrade. ;)

Fans' Forum, apparently. In a carefully moderated way ;)
They’re a waste of time, just say same old. We’ll give you news when there is any. We’re spending more on transfers this season (£1 more). We’ve learnt lessons so will consider this next time (but then forget next time). Karl why to you tend to bring in injury prone players, to then carry on bringing in injury prone players.

We appreciate your support through these difficult times, by the way season tickets are now on sale, the more you buy the more we can invest etc etc etc

I am not sure if I will renew for this year, I felt reasonably safe attending the play offs with social distancing and mask wearing, not sure if feel the same with normal seating allocation , I have spent so much time avoiding people in order to protect myself that going back to a normal match day experience isn’t something I am comfortable about.

I am not bothered about the “free” tickets as a major incentive either , everyone’s comments are valid regarding how good or not so good the season ticket offer is, no early bird discount as such , with no indication regarding season tickets pricing after the initial date.

I have to say, I am just not feeling it.

Feel like that about a lot of things at the moment, after this past 15 or so months.

Everything just feels like so much effort and a struggle to do the normal things we used to take for granted, and the enjoyment feels like it is just being sucked out of everything.

I will ponder this coming week and then see how I feel.

But chances are, I will not renew for the first time in 20 odd years and pick and choose games.

I have to say, I am just not feeling it.

Feel like that about a lot of things at the moment, after this past 15 or so months.

Everything just feels like so much effort and a struggle to do the normal things we used to take for granted, and the enjoyment feels like it is just being sucked out of everything.

I will ponder this coming week and then see how I feel.

But chances are, I will not renew for the first time in 20 odd years and pick and choose games.
Yes but then you lose your seat. My mates and I have three at the back of SSL in the centre, so we're basically paying to keep them. I'll renew because I don't have much else to do on Saturdays, sad I know. If you're keen enough to post on here you must want to see most of the games anyway?

Yes but then you lose your seat. My mates and I have three at the back of SSL in the centre, so we're basically paying to keep them. I'll renew because I don't have much else to do on Saturdays, sad I know. If you're keen enough to post on here you must want to see most of the games anyway?

Yeah I know, and that is also part of the dilemma.

Chances are that if I didn’t renew I would still end up wanting to go to games (when Saturday comes, and all that) and then have to mess around each week with buying a ticket, constantly changing seats.

As much as I could find plenty to do, I know my Saturdays will also feel a little lost and empty.

Just feeling in a bit of a quandary at the moment, but already sensing that I am talking myself into it 🤣

Yeah I know, and that is also part of the dilemma.

Chances are that if I didn’t renew I would still end up wanting to go to games (when Saturday comes, and all that) and then have to mess around each week with buying a ticket, constantly changing seats.

As much as I could find plenty to do, I know my Saturdays will also feel a little lost and empty.

Just feeling in a bit of a quandary at the moment, but already sensing that I am talking myself into it 🤣
I’m really local it would be silly not to walk down the road to see the lads. WOuld be different if I had to travel maybe.

Think you have got the wrong season and are out of date. 2019/20 a lot of us left money in the club when it looked like a lot of businesses including football clubs were going to go bust as the pandemic started. You are correct that we did get the option for 2019/20 that we were offered a refund and many of us chose not to receive it. The fact is that for 2020/21 we haven't had such an option, they have just kept our money. So what is the difference in circumstances between being offered a refund for games we could not attend in 2019/20, and not being offered a refund for games we could not attend in 2020/21 (allowing for the iFollow subscription, which if bought for a whole season is a lot less than 23 x £10)?
The difference is that for 2019 - 20 nobody anticipated a pandemic bringing the season to a premature end. For 2020-2021 we were in Covid times and all knew there was a risk of further waves affecting our likely attendance.

Good offer and we will renew before the deadline. You never know whether you’re going to get an 84/85 or a 00/01 season but those are the pitfalls of supporting most football teams.

COYY.
And the bonus of who you might draw at home in the cups🙏🏼

The club have put a decent offer on the table yet some people still want more, more and more again. Guarantee me a seat at every home game and priority on cup and away games and I’m happy. Anything else is a bonus, thanks OUFC.

Five out of six have renewed from our group, still waiting on a response from one, normally he has a ST no matter how we’re doing .

The club have put a decent offer on the table yet some people still want more, more and more again. Guarantee me a seat at every home game and priority on cup and away games and I’m happy. Anything else is a bonus, thanks OUFC.

Slightly different than that though isn’t it? People got a truncated season 19/20 and didn’t take the money back, got to see a maximum 2 games 20/21 and paid over the odds for IFollow for the rest.

I have just renewed but as an east stand season ticket holder who got to see two games last season, is the only season ticket holder in my house and got into two games last season (and I live an hour away so saved a few quid on travel) I am one of the least affected, the money back on games I can’t attend helped my decision to renew as well.

I can see why people who lost out on more expensive/multi tickets in the same household would be pissed off though, some people probably lost £300 to £600 which isn’t chump change.

Slightly different than that though isn’t it? People got a truncated season 19/20 and didn’t take the money back, got to see a maximum 2 games 20/21 and paid over the odds for IFollow for the rest.

I have just renewed but as an east stand season ticket holder who got to see two games last season, is the only season ticket holder in my house and got into two games last season (and I live an hour away so saved a few quid on travel) I am one of the least affected, the money back on games I can’t attend helped my decision to renew as well.

I can see why people who lost out on more expensive/multi tickets in the same household would be pissed off though, some people probably lost £300 to £600 which isn’t chump change.
The loungers said goodbye to £930 in total. This season we are spending a lot less (and getting less) because of the closure of the 1893 Club. However, the two free cup games that will probably have been priced at £10 each (£5 concession) are not a great deal of compensation and there is no £10 credit in the shop for season ticket holders and, apparently, no incentive scheme for purchases made in the shop. Result of that is that we are less likely to spend in the shop.

Is it a decent offer though? I appreciate the blind loyalty of some supporters and if your budget stretches to not worrying about costs then that is great. However,

Other than a plastic ST wallet (for a season ticket we never received) and a pin badge, last year’s season ticket holders have not had any recompense for the games they couldn’t attend. In my case, that was £450.
Now, the club are asking me to part with another £450 to secure my seat for this season.

In summary, OUFC have charged me personally, £900 for the following:

- last year’s season ticket (minus the Blackpool game because that’s ‘not included’ 🙄) for which I saw 1 league fixture.
- this year’s season ticket

In return for my £900 they have told me that I’ll receive two cup games for free (these games are historically £10 a game with one being the paint pot trophy). Oh, and I’ll have entry to a raffle.

You only get this level of gratitude from OUFC, to thank you for your continued support IF you buy this year’s season ticket. So what about last year? Does that gratitude amount to a pin badge and a plastic season ticketless wallet?

Before anybody suggests that I/we got Ifollow for free, we didn’t. It cost me £19.56 per game!

I love our club but I’m sorry, they’re taking the P**s.

What always, without fail, tips me over the edge is the letter landing on the doormat.

In normal times it is with the Early Bird offer and there goes £300, more through habit and it being "my" club.

I`m guessing, with the short timeframe involved, that won`t be arriving this season?

So one more bit of "connectivity" is gone.

As is frequently referred to on here I don`t go to many home games, probably in single figures and I do more away games than anything.

So if I don`t renew then even that becomes less "pressurised".

Apart from my blind loyalty to the Club what is there to entice me to renew or stop me from deciding to cherry-pick the games I want to and just buy a ticket for those?

Or decide to do the same with iFollow?

Say I go to 3 @ £20 that`s a £240 loss to the Club. Multiply that by a thousand people and it becomes a serious dent.

And I never even mentioned the cesspits.

Is it a decent offer though? I appreciate the blind loyalty of some supporters and if your budget stretches to not worrying about costs then that is great. However,

Other than a plastic ST wallet (for a season ticket we never received) and a pin badge, last year’s season ticket holders have not had any recompense for the games they couldn’t attend. In my case, that was £450.
Now, the club are asking me to part with another £450 to secure my seat for this season.

In summary, OUFC have charged me personally, £900 for the following:

- last year’s season ticket (minus the Blackpool game because that’s ‘not included’ 🙄) for which I saw 1 league fixture.
- this year’s season ticket

In return for my £900 they have told me that I’ll receive two cup games for free (these games are historically £10 a game with one being the paint pot trophy). Oh, and I’ll have entry to a raffle.

You only get this level of gratitude from OUFC, to thank you for your continued support IF you buy this year’s season ticket. So what about last year? Does that gratitude amount to a pin badge and a plastic season ticketless wallet?

Before anybody suggests that I/we got Ifollow for free, we didn’t. It cost me £19.56 per game!

I love our club but I’m sorry, they’re taking the P**s.
Who should pay for all the expensive players everyone demands then? It’s not as if they were laid off last season. I agree a more generous gesture would be right, eg all cup games free, and last year’s playoffs should have been free as well.

Who should pay for all the expensive players everyone demands then? It’s not as if they were laid off last season. I agree a more generous gesture would be right, eg all cup games free, and last year’s playoffs should have been free as well.
In light of the pandemic, Cloths should be cut according across the football league. Should that be at the expense of those that have supported you through the toughest of times?

I think not.

Back
Top Bottom