General Season ticket prices

Morally should be the same which would be an RPI saving for the purchaser.

Refunds...... option should be provided, some folk are in a worse position than the football club.

Maybe put it on the fans council agenda? :)

Oh look! OxVox sidelined. Just as the club planned.

my mates and I renewed because nobody envisaged the pandemic and lockdowns to go on as long as they did! Should those who renewed be penalised to the tune of £200 versus non ST holders? Is that what you’re saying?
This is my view as well. I renewed last year on 28th June, the number of new Covid cases that day was 815. At the time I thought we'd have some form of restricted numbers attending until about October and then back to normal. So with the delayed start to the season might miss 4 or 5 games I didn't count on iFollow or even take it up to start with as watching on a PC isn't the same. I'm disappointed with the package being offered to existing ST holders, some credit, even if only £50, would have been welcome.

I would also like to know about any change in ownership before I having to commit to buying a ST for next season.

It'd be interesting to hear the Fan's Council view on this. I'd expect them to be very critical.
The Fans Council is still being set up and, as such, doesn't have a view on this at all.

It would be discussed and I can well imagine, there would be some fairly grim faces around the table. I would certainly be critical, were I to be voted on to the council.

with ST prices announcements made, I hope the price of individual matchday tickets (for the respective home areas) are announced soon , and the price of OUFC membership cards too

So, having donated the price of two tickets last season, I'm expected to cough up another quid for postage? Maybe it's just me, maybe it's perfectly reasonable.

I would get it if they were sending recorded or signed for but last time it was just second class. 😒

Renewed.
Maybe the club could’ve done a little more for 2020/21 ST holders (feel like it’s probably those names who should be on the ‘fan wall’ if anything, for dropping down the cash even though we knew the chances of seeing live games weren’t brilliant!). But they could have done less too.

Personally my opinion was that we knew the risks we were signing up for last season - and I did so not so much to see the games but to support the club (as I am fortunate enough to be in a position to do so). If it isn’t financially viable for them to hose out more goodwill gestures, then I’d rather the club didn’t!

Free cup games is a nice touch. Although I’m just about old enough to remember the days of the first home cup game being free with an ST anyway! TBH I just want to get back to a ‘normal’ match day experience. Or heaven forbid - an away day! And whilst closer, it still feels a way off that yet sadly…

The Fans Council is still being set up and, as such, doesn't have a view on this at all.

It would be discussed and I can well imagine, there would be some fairly grim faces around the table. I would certainly be critical, were I to be voted on to the council.

Then you and you new buddies would have it explained to you why it's essential and better for the common herd so you can come on here and explain to the unwashed just how they're actually better off.

If you want an independent supporters' body the only game in town is OxVox.

Then you and you new buddies would have it explained to you why it's essential and better for the common herd so you can come on here and explain to the unwashed just how they're actually better off.

If you want an independent supporters' body the only game in town is OxVox.
Doesn't work that way. Firstly the council meet independently of the club. Second, part of the set up has been to emphasise the distinction between OxVox and Fans Council. OxVox are in accord with the set up and will continue to act as they do now. There are OxVox members in the working party who have already made clear where they stand.

To everyone moaning about how much they lost last season from their season ticket, how about calculating how much you gained?
In 2019/20 I spent £986 on train fares, £29 on buses and £318 on tickets for away games and cup matches. That's before factoring in (a) pint, a pie and a programme. That was for a short season, and so for 2020/21 I'm at least £1000 up.

Back
Top Bottom