General Season ticket prices

If it was that clever then surely they would do it every season?
They aren’t usually allowed because you have to split the gate receipts with the other club / the EFL.

The club won’t lose if they turn 1,000 people paying a tenner for a ticket into 3,000 people spending before the game. I would expect great club shop deals to be announced on the day of these two cup fixtures.

Good on them. Marketing.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Sadly no 1893 club for this season. No access to the bars or any area inside the stadium other than the seating. Also, although we will clarify tomorrow, it doesn't look as though we actually have an offer of seats at all!

Sadly no 1893 club for this season. No access to the bars or any area inside the stadium other than the seating. Also, although we will clarify tomorrow, it doesn't look as though we actually have an offer of seats at all!
I thought you would of opted to sit front row in the north stand now?

But the club needs to hear all concerns and while they won't address them individually it helps shape their thinking for the future. It's worth it.

It happens every season.
A very, very small minority won`t renew.
Folk move, die, give up, spend the money elsewhere.
They get replaced by someone else.
It's a slower transition than managers, players and owners but it happens.

It happens every season.
Yes agree, obviously there is turnover but most that can afford it will probably renew, especially as we are doing well. One of my mates has given up but we’ve replaced him - with a girl! Hurrah!

I’d be surprised if anything can be done unless the club want to risk setting a precedent, it’d open the door to anyone else who expects more than the club are offering every ST holder.
I think I agree on balance but there is no mention at all in any of the blurb recognising that last season 4000 people got 2 games at best for their season ticket investment.

I was probably expecting a recognition at the very least in the announcement. All season ticket holders this season are part of the pandemic promise which is fine but it’s as if we never paid out for last season

The timing is interesting, 2 hours before an England game. Was this to try and take focus off this issue

just needed recognition I think

I think I agree on balance but there is no mention at all in any of the blurb recognising that last season 4000 people got 2 games at best for their season ticket investment.

I was probably expecting a recognition at the very least in the announcement. All season ticket holders this season are part of the pandemic promise which is fine but it’s as if we never paid out for last season

The timing is interesting, 2 hours before an England game. Was this to try and take focus off this issue

I did't read the article on the club website like that as it had:

"To show their appreciation for your fantastic and unwavering support throughout 2020/21, the club’s shareholder group will be picking up the cost for the club’s first two home cup matches for all renewing Season Ticket holders who wish to attend – giving U’s fans the gift of football next term."

I reckon further recognition will be in the individual packs and tbf to the club they have thanked season ticket holders over quite a number of occasions on the official site/social media, through local media and with the package they sent out part way through last season (included the season ticket holder etc).

Take it to the Fans Council. :D

Why the need for recognition in the announcement about this seasons tickets? Nothing to do with what has gone before?

And didn‘t you get a random gift a few months back as “recognition”

Why people need to constantly be given a pat on the back like they are some sort of hero is beyond me. Can understand it from a small child, but a grown adult!, come on, seriously.

Take it to the Fans Council. :D
It is the sort of thing that the fans council, as soon as it has been elected, will put on the agenda. At this point in time a working party is setting up the council, with it's aim of having the first proper meeting prior to the season starting.

Anything which any fan thinks should be discussed or brought to the club's attention, will have an opportunity to raise with the council.

Why the need for recognition in the announcement about this seasons tickets? Nothing to do with what has gone before?

And didn‘t you get a random gift a few months back as “recognition”

Why people need to constantly be given a pat on the back like they are some sort of hero is beyond me. Can understand it from a small child, but a grown adult!, come on, seriously.
It's absolutely not that. It is a significant amount of money and just my opinion. That gift was from memory a holder for me season ticket........which if course I did not have ?

It's not about a pat in the back, it's recognition what for some is a huge amount if money

Only an opinion after all

Spot on, fans doing my head in on Facebook moaning about it too. Fans won't be moaning sat in their nice new shiny seat in our new stadium in 6 years time so pipe down people.

It is the sort of thing that the fans council, as soon as it has been elected, will put on the agenda. At this point in time a working party is setting up the council, with it's aim of having the first proper meeting prior to the season starting.

Anything which any fan thinks should be discussed or brought to the club's attention, will have an opportunity to raise with the council.
I just hope there are sensible members on the council who can sort the genuine issues from the ‘not so genuine’.

Does anyone know whether we can change seats when we renew? Having sat in completely different places to normal for both Northampton and Blackpool I thought I might try and move a few seats across this season.
I've done that the past couple of seasons, so presumably we still can

It happens every season.
Yep we may lose Big Al but he’ll be replaced by little Steve

They aren’t usually allowed because you have to split the gate receipts with the other club / the EFL.

The club won’t lose if they turn 1,000 people paying a tenner for a ticket into 3,000 people spending before the game. I would expect great club shop deals to be announced on the day of these two cup fixtures.

Good on them. Marketing.
Don't they have to contribute the equivalent of a ticket price for each attendee if the club subsidises? In which case it will be a real cost to them.

I'd like a bit more information about the club's policy on face masks in the stadium, social distancing etc. Anyone know anything about this?

The idea of having to wear a mask in the seat all season is not appealing! Happy enough to wear it to the seat then take it off while in position though.

I just hope there are sensible members on the council who can sort the genuine issues from the ‘not so genuine’.
It is planned on getting as many opinions and thoughts from fans as possible. It hasn't all been worked out yet, but there are some very good people working on this. First off, work out the mechanics of getting a council formed that is as representative as possible (that bit is the hardest) and then have a meeting and see where it goes. The FSA are helping and with their guidance, it should be successful.

It is planned on getting as many opinions and thoughts from fans as possible. It hasn't all been worked out yet, but there are some very good people working on this. First off, work out the mechanics of getting a council formed that is as representative as possible (that bit is the hardest) and then have a meeting and see where it goes. The FSA are helping and with their guidance, it should be successful.
Giving everyone the opportunity to voice their opinions is the right thing to do , but the real challenge lies in having the right skill set to identify and deal with the issues that can actually be changed for the better, and then making those changes happen. The council’s a good concept and I hope it works.

Back
Top Bottom