General Season predictions (vote now)

Where will Oxford finish in 2022/2023? (BEFORE TW CLOSE)

• Automatics

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Play offs

Votes: 40 30.3%
  • Top half

Votes: 69 52.3%
  • Bottom half

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Relegation

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bit hard before we and everyone else has completed there squads, but going by what I think we will bring in I will say at best 6th (with another play off loss) and at worst 12th, most likely somewhere in between though.

Looks a strong league this season, if we make the playoffs then that’s a decent season.

Pointless poll at the moment.
Probably should extend the closing date into mid September.

Top half. We are a decent team on our day but we have frailties which are not addressed and a real lack of squad depth. Add to that our bottling mentality at the sign of any pressure.

Plus there are several Championship class teams this year, it's madness.

It’s not really bottling it if we have frailties is it? Drives me mental when some people misuse that term so badly, we finished 8th last year, you can’t bottle anything finishing f*****g 8th.

It’s not really bottling it if we have frailties is it? Drives me mental when some people misuse that term so badly, we finished 8th last year, you can’t bottle anything finishing f*****g 8th.
You certainly can if you take about 8 points from the last 8 matches. That's practically the definition of bottling it.

You certainly can if you take about 8 points from the last 8 matches. That's practically the definition of bottling it.

Or we hit a hard run of games at that time that led to us finishing 8th, The definition of bottling it is being clear and throwing it away, we never were just were not good enough.

I can understand people saying you have bottled the title or the second automatic place, but not the battle for sixth place, it’s only qualifying for a little end of season mini tournament, a 1 in 4 chance of promotion, it’s not the sort of thing that that would have professional footballers shaking at the knees.

Or we hit a hard run of games at that time that led to us finishing 8th, The definition of bottling it is being clear and throwing it away, we never were just were not good enough.

I can understand people saying you have bottled the title or the second automatic place, but not the battle for sixth place, it’s only qualifying for a little end of season mini tournament, a 1 in 4 chance of promotion, it’s not the sort of thing that that would have professional footballers shaking at the knees.
Yes agree, we weren’t quite good enough, or our squad depth wasn’t

We've been promoted five times in my lifetime, three times since my first match in 1987. If we get anywhere near doing it again it will be an achievement worth an open top bus tour.

If we don't, I'll still be here next year.

And I'll still have some happy memories.

COYY

Back
Top Bottom