Predictions for season end position

We will finish 4th 77 points. Astonishing run coming up. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

The team that played Sunderland first game of last season got promoted via the playoffs. It’s our turn!

6th feels about right but the 31% probability of promotion looks a bit high.

It does suggest that our emotional belief in what we can achieve this season is backed up by hard analysis though.

I think this seasons final position placing really does depend on those ' talks' between the Chairman and Manager regarding the ambition of the Board for the near and long term future
assurances given & announced this afternoon , so I predict we get to the playoff final , V Sunderland, OUFC support is allocated the Green Man, and into the Championship we go

Interesting point on the preview show where Josh Ruffels is talking about 3 game blocks between now and the end of the season, and targetting 6 points from each block. If we include Accrington as the first game in this 3 game block, then we are setting a target of 75 points in total, which should be enough. Looking at the following blocks, with the possible exception of block 2 being a win and 2 draws, this all looks very achievable.

Accrington
Southend
Shrewsbury

MK Dons
Wycombe
Portsmouth

Rochdale
Bristol Rovers
Coventry

Fleetwood
Tranmere
Bolton

As much as I would like a playoff finish 8-10 is what I think.. Then KR goes in the summer. Would put the board in a bad position if we were to get promoted I think that is the last thing they want. Which is a good or a bad thing.. I can't quite work it out with these lot. From the actions so far it seems tread water is good for them and maybe they can make a little on a sale with the training ground make a little profit. I don't think they want to be stuck with the club in the championship without a buyer.

We have played an auful lot of games this season cup runs have been good fun. But you can see the effects of cup runs in the league. I myself would rather do without them if doing well in the league. I think we will fall short.

As much as I would like a playoff finish 8-10 is what I think.. Then KR goes in the summer. Would put the board in a bad position if we were to get promoted I think that is the last thing they want. Which is a good or a bad thing.. I can't quite work it out with these lot. From the actions so far it seems tread water is good for them and maybe they can make a little on a sale with the training ground make a little profit. I don't think they want to be stuck with the club in the championship without a buyer.
I think that is nonsense.

We have played an auful lot of games this season cup runs have been good fun. But you can see the effects of cup runs in the league. I myself would rather do without them if doing well in the league. I think we will fall short.
We have looked very good and fit in the past 3 games.
Taylor, Henry and Brannagan all had a break with injuries. They all now look fit and back to playing well.
Kelly and Woodman to come back in.
To the end of the season there are no midweek games bar Easter.
I would say we look in decent shape if we dont get key injuries (and Dickies inevitable suspension)

I think that is nonsense.
Your probably right. ? I was rambling abit there and tend to have a negitve veiw on things. If we continue this little run with returning players like woodburn and others regaining form I think 4th or 5th. Is attainable if I think positivley.

Just imagine Wycombe winning against any of us, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Peterborough etc to go up to the Championship.

To thieve an old turn of phrase from Twitter’s NotBigSam, that would be like Cameron Diaz losing a best legs competition to Heather Mills.

We have a duty to stop that from happening.

We have looked very good and fit in the past 3 games.
Taylor, Henry and Brannagan all had a break with injuries. They all now look fit and back to playing well.
Kelly and Woodman to come back in.
To the end of the season there are no midweek games bar Easter.
I would say we look in decent shape if we dont get key injuries (and Dickies inevitable suspension)
Who's Woodman?? ;););)

Back
Top Bottom