Predictions for the season

I think the new signings demonstrate a high level of ambition. We are trying to add a couple of strikers so for me it is play offs and no doom and gloom despite a few iffy results early doors. We just need to be in the running around Christmas and then kick on. Come on OUFC

Tomorrow morning I will make my annual pilgrimage to the bookies....

1. Win League
2. Win FA Cup
3. Win League Cup (Carabo or whomever it is.....)
4. Promotion (Automatic).
5. Promotion (via Play Offs)

Around Jan/Feb 2020 I will shred the betting slip. ? ? :ROFLMAO:

12th - 16th for me. I think it will take a bit of time for us to settle so slowish start. I think goals might be an issue as we desperately need strikers (hopefully they will arrive, but KR has trouble finding them). January could be an issue if we lose Cadden and Woodburn. We will need no long term injuries in defense as cover is light. Hopefully post Jan we will be solid like last season.

I also predict we will have only 3 winding up orders this season. Tiger and chums will remain semi invisible and silent. Meanwhile KR will spout loads of non specific flibble on Tiger's behalf of exciting news regarding the stadium (which amounts to nothing). Last prediction, for next summer KR will be looking to sign a striker but never does, in fact he signs no one until 3 minutes before the first game kicks off.:)

Previews of OUFC in League 1 2019-2020 from various sources.

The Guardian
Relegation candidates
Wycombe, Southend, Rochdale and Oxford look worryingly light in key areas.

TBF you can stand what the Grauniad knows about football (apart from the EPL and foreign stuff, and apart from Daniel Taylor (who's off anyway)) on the pointy bit of a pin.

If we can get a decent striker we'll be close to the play-offs. If not we'll struggle.

Steadied start, mid division halfway,headway 3 out stayed on to take 4th close home

F*ck it - we will finish 5th and get a big scalp in the cup!
COME ONNNNNNNNNNNN YOU F************CKINGGGG YELLLLLLOWWWSSS AAAAAAARGHHHHHH!!!!!

If we get lucky with injuries, and have a generally clean bill of health - 6th-8th.
If we get unlucky, and end up with a full treatment room - 16th-18th.

As always at this time of year, it's impossible to say. If we actually got a couple of decent experienced fit strikers, avoided injuries to key players and Hall and Baptiste can come back then upper mid-table, maybe threatening the playoffs. If we don't manage to bolster the strike force, we get another rash of long-term injuries and both Hall and Baptiste break down again then we'll be flirting with the drop.

On the basis that it'll be neither of those two extreme scenarios but somewhere in between, then mid-table (12th or so) after a bit of a shaky start.

I’ve got my seasonal bet on.

Prem Liverpool
Champ West Brom
Lge1 Rotherham
Lge 2 Bradford

£10 bet pays out 25k

I think we will finish in a solid 9th.

I think we might be underplaying the loss of Nelson on the team and that we haven’t righted the wrongs up front yet. Still time but we all know that it should have been fixed two months ago.

I thought we’d finish about 12th last year. I just didn’t envision it would be such a nerve-wracking season with some fun at the end. I sense a similar finish although hopefully a little more relaxing and away from the relegation zone. Maybe a slight drop off from last season.

14th overall I think.

Back
Top Bottom