Ex Player Sam Winnall

He really was a Mackie mk2, but with less of the shithousery.

Both scored memorable goals (against the Owls and Bradford respectively) but Mackie’s ultimately meant something (leading to survival) while Winnall’s didn’t (we imploded).

Therefore he won’t get cult status even - just a lament at his injury record, lack of confidence and deficit in the column marked goals.

We need better next year. A striker that puts fear into defences, not just one who causes a sigh of relief that we’re down into the C-tier from the squad.

When I first read the tweet the club posted relating to those released (I had only just awoken), I read only the names of Hanson, Elechi and Chambers-Parillon.

It’s safe to say I quickly woke up when the very thought of Sam Winnall extension clause may have been activated!

On a more serious note, it must be incredibly tough at this point for him. Seemed like an intelligent guy however sadly his quality on the pitch is long gone. My guess is a League Two side may take a gamble.

When I first read the tweet the club posted relating to those released (I had only just awoken), I read only the names of Hanson, Elechi and Chambers-Parillon.

It’s safe to say I quickly woke up when the very thought of Sam Winnall extension clause may have been activated!

On a more serious note, it must be incredibly tough at this point for him. Seemed like an intelligent guy however sadly his quality on the pitch is long gone. My guess is a League Two side may take a gamble.

A Conference side throwing money around could as well. Somebody like Notts Co or Chesterfield if they don't go up and financial rules aren't brought in.

He looks like an ex player to me, surely he’ll retire. Hope he can carry on at a decent level though if his body holds out

Back
Top Bottom