Current Player #10 Sam Baldock

Have we actually got any allowed spaces left in the matchday squad?

Was wondering about this.

Presumably we re-submit post-window. Does anyone know of the timescale or deadline for this?

EFL procedures are ludicrously opaque. (Or I'm too lazy to find the info)

Was wondering about this.

Presumably we re-submit post-window. Does anyone know of the timescale or deadline for this?

EFL procedures are ludicrously opaque. (Or I'm too lazy to find the info)
Me too - but, looking at the First team squad page on the OWS, there are 25 players of whom 1 (Cooper) is out on loan. Oddly Browne isn't on that page, although Brown and Smyth are! Which is very strange.

So 24, and I *think* the limit is 22 plus a couple of keepers. So we are at the limit - if that page is correct (and it was updated after the transfer window)

However, that does include the crocked Gorrin, a now bit-part Mous and the lesser spotted Ben Davis and NOT Browne (as mentioned).

So who knows? You'd think that we wouldn't have included Gorrin in the registrations for the rest of the season, but would have included Browne (depending on their actual injury status in each case), and that Smyth and Davis would be borderline as being registered.

Me too - but, looking at the First team squad page on the OWS, there are 25 players of whom 1 (Cooper) is out on loan. Oddly Browne isn't on that page, although Brown and Smyth are! Which is very strange.

So 24, and I *think* the limit is 22 plus a couple of keepers. So we are at the limit - if that page is correct (and it was updated after the transfer window)

However, that does include the crocked Gorrin, a now bit-part Mous and the lesser spotted Ben Davis and NOT Browne (as mentioned).

So who knows? You'd think that we wouldn't have included Gorrin in the registrations for the rest of the season, but would have included Browne (depending on their actual injury status in each case), and that Smyth and Davis would be borderline as being registered.
Have you uncovered a long term Browne injury that the club is keeping quiet? :)

The limit in L1 & L2 is 22 players, 8 of which must be "home grown". You can have as many goalkeepers and under 21's as you wish, but you cannot declare an outfield player as a goalkeeper!

The squad list can be updated daily during the transfer window, but the final list has to be submitted within 24 hours of the window closing.

You can submit a list of less than 22 players and update it if you sign an OOC player before the end of March.

It is strange Gorrin being in and Browne missing from the page

The limit in L1 & L2 is 22 players, 8 of which must be "home grown". You can have as many goalkeepers and under 21's as you wish, but you cannot declare an outfield player as a goalkeeper!

The squad list can be updated daily during the transfer window, but the final list has to be submitted within 24 hours of the window closing.

You can submit a list of less than 22 players and update it if you sign an OOC player before the end of March.
Reminds me of my youth, trying to make the most of the sunlight through the window.

• React
Reactions: m
It is strange Gorrin being in and Browne missing from the page
You can't really remove people from that page because of injuries. Bear in mind he still has a sponsorship that they need to keep up there.

I wouldn't worry too much about Browne being absent from that page.

Thanks. If they take the under-21s date at the start of the season (?) then possibly Davis and/or Smyth qualify for that. So if we knock them off the total and add Browne in, then I make it that we have possibly 20 or 21 registered outfield players over 21. So maybe there *is* room for a late 'free agent' signing...

Oh - and I really have no idea what constitutes a 'home grown' player nowadays! :)

Thanks. If they take the under-21s date at the start of the season (?) then possibly Davis and/or Smyth qualify for that. So if we knock them off the total and add Browne in, then I make it that we have possibly 20 or 21 registered outfield players over 21. So maybe there *is* room for a late 'free agent' signing...

Smyth will need to be registered I think as he was 21 on May 5th 2021.

For this season an under 21 is anyone born on or after 1st January 2000, so they both fit the bill.

A home grown player is essentially someone who was registered with any club in your national association after the age of 15, so it's fairly irrelevant at our level, although if we keep raiding the Irish leagues......

Back
Top Bottom