Current Player Sam Long

As I said before, he had figured Curtis out and kept him very quiet. I still think we’re a better team with Cadden in the side but Long is very solid, reliable and dependable

I think many of us would. But that ship has long sailed! (no pun intended).

Long was better last night than in the first leg. If he does as good a job on Monday, that's OK.

As I said before, he had figured Curtis out and kept him very quiet.
Agree with that. In the second half of the first leg Curtis was largely under wraps, and yesterday he was totally ineffective. Long definitely learned quickly and sussed him out after one poor half, which I think he deserved huge credit for.

I think he’s limited but my god, he just doesn’t give up.

I think many of us would. But that ship has long sailed! (no pun intended).

Long was better last night than in the first leg. If he does as good a job on Monday, that's OK.

No matter what league we’re in next season we need a new right back for sure, Long does well in when he first comes back into the team but after 4/5 games in his form always starts to dip as we saw back in February, unfortunately consistently is a issue for him as the 2 games in the playoffs have proved but on his day he can excellent like yesterday

No matter what league we’re in next season we need a new right back for sure, Long does well in when he first comes back into the team but after 4/5 games in his form always starts to dip as we saw back in February, unfortunately consistently is a issue for him as the 2 games in the playoffs have proved but on his day he can excellent like yesterday

I wonder if we will try to resurrect the Neco WIlliams loan from Liverpool whatever Division we are in?

I wonder if we will try to resurrect the Neco WIlliams loan from Liverpool whatever Division we are in?
Was discussed in January but stayed due to being wanted for cup games at Liverpool. However, I think we'd need to be in the Championship to even have a chance of getting him.

And left back. And goalkeeper.
I love Ruffels, but I do agree that he lacks the composure to be a champ left back and needs some competition at minimum. Too many times he looks to hoof the ball down the line rather than take a touch and pass it on, which isn’t always a bad thing. Just sometimes not what we need when searching for a goal

I agree specially Eastwood the last 2 seasons he’s not same keeper we had when his 16/17 - 17/18 seasons form were absolutely excellent he’s dropped off a lot since then unfortunately

Agree Eastwood makes me feel nervous, especially when a team keep firing crosses in. He also doesn't look a big keeper, but fair play to him for that pen save.

Agree Eastwood makes me feel nervous, especially when a team keep firing crosses in. He also doesn't look a big keeper, but fair play to him for that pen save.
That save definitely made up for the heart in mouth moment when he cleared it straight into Marquis and was lucky it didn't end up anywhere near the goal.

Whenever KR has called upon Sam Long this season he’s delivered the goods. He’s getting better, and learning his trade, and hasn’t looked out of his depth against premier Lge opposition this season. I hope he will continue to do so next Monday.

Not a chance of that happening. Watched a lot of Liverpool this year, it's clear he's going to be their second choice right back next season.

Sykes had a big impact on Long’s performance. Woodburn in the first leg left Long stranded against Curtis.

I suspect Williams was just one of those we were unlucky with. With Liverpool moving Clyne on I guess Williams will be second choice RB. Still....plenty more that are sat in academies that can make the step!

If we make it to the Championship, loan players will be so much easier to get. They won’t feel they’re dropping into the depths.

Personally, I wish we could all agree to a moratorium on this kind of speculative talk until after the final whistle next Monday.

To my mind we've got one job as fans right now and that is to get behind the fantastic players and staff who are at the club right now and have got us into this incredible position where we dare to dream.

We can be safe in the knowledge that each and every one of them will be straining every sinew to try and bring about the right result.

That is certainly my focus until then.....nothing else matters.

Last edited:
Not a chance of that happening. Watched a lot of Liverpool this year, it's clear he's going to be their second choice right back next season.

Isn't that Joe Gomez? I know he is used as a centre-back as well but he seems to play right back as much.

Back
Top Bottom