Current Player Sam Long

I just wish his detractors would get off his case.
He s been with the club since he was more or less in nappies.
He s not perfect and probably never will be. But everytime I've seen him play he gives 100%.
So in the current climate I'd love it if those with a negative viewpoint got off his case and worried about the more important things like.
When SB was here why sing he's one of our own when he isn't.
Sorry I meant wasnt
I had to read half this post before I realised you weren’t talking about Scotchegg.. ?

I am looking to see how Forde is going to slot back into the fold. I don't see him as one of the front three and with the midfield being loaded. i can see him being a utility player off the bench that can offer playing wide, in the middle or right back if they have been coaching him up. In the crawley game he was quite good at getting up the pitch and knocking balls into dangerous areas. I would probably go as far to say he's got one of the best crosses at the club. Like cadden he can whip it in early or across the floor. It will be interesting to see how he will be positioned / utilised.

Given he can play left midfield/left wing, and seemingly right back, surely Forde could be left back cover as well??

I'd certainly play Long this weekend. He was excellent vs Accy. Forde was very poor on Saturday although he wasn't the only one!

If I was Sam I would have been a bit peed off to be on the bench against southend hopefully he had a niggle

Great news!

Has come on leaps and bounds in the last 18 months, and will be a real asset to the squad.

Fully deserved, well done Sam! ?

A real positive for the Dev squad concept, as he has taken his time, but improved steadily into a valuable squad member ready to step into a number of positions if required.
Without the Devs step, then we would probably have only kept those players able to break into the side straight away (eg COD), so he would have probably not lasted more than a season before being released.
Say what you like about the Lenagan era, but it was an absolute winner of a decision to set it up and we shall continue to reap the benefits for years to come...

Sam often plays much better with Sykes in the side as he gets more support and has an outlet, allowing him to just focus on defending. He doesn't give the speed or attacking threat that Cadden did, but he's solid and in games like this that can make a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom