Ex Player Sam Winnall

Sort of always felt for the guy, when he came as a sub we invariably stopped attacking or putting in decent balls, sadly when he got a rare chance in front of goal it never quite happened possibly due to pressure he felt...His heart was always in the right place, the Goal against Wednesday was a belter and but for a worldy save would have got another cracking Goal.

not sure where he goes from here but hope whatever he does it works out for him.

Reading some of the responses earlier on this thread is amusing, clearly the actual management didn’t agree with them.

I personally felt that he was given more chances over Agyei when he never did enough to deserve that. Always put in a shift though and gave it his all - just wasn’t good enough any more.

Decent enough footballer who certainly tried, but you can’t be a L1 and not be able to run.

I'd love to say he could still ply his trade in League 2 or the Conference but I saw no evidence that he's still a professional footballer.

I'd love to say he could still ply his trade in League 2 or the Conference but I saw no evidence that he's still a professional footballer.

I can’t see any professional outfit wanting him. He simply doesn’t offer you anywhere near enough minutes. Even his ability to score goals has departed - I think many of us will remember the cock up against Burton.

Many on here called it when we signed him two years ago that he would be a crock and so it has proved.

I just hope KR and the recruitment team learn from this. Reputation is one thing - getting contributions from a player is another.

Have to admit towards the end of his career with us his confidence looked totally shot and clearly lacking match sharpness - definitely let out a groan more than once when he came on. Think given a proper pre-season and run of games for a team at L1 or L2 level could still get to double figures for a season.

We shall see.

Have to admit towards the end of his career with us his confidence looked totally shot and clearly lacking match sharpness - definitely let out a groan more than once when he came on. Think given a proper pre-season and run of games for a team at L1 or L2 level could still get to double figures for a season.

We shall see.
I think the Spats with Sykes showed he cared and wanted it but was likely born out of total desperation to do well and prove himself.

He just looked like an overweight ex-player when he came on. It's a real shame, it's not his fault he wasn't fit and he seemed to care.

No doubt a very good striker at his day at this level but his legs left him. Wonder where he will end up now.

I reckon he could still do a job at Oxford city. The pace of league one has increased the last 3 years, sadly Winnall's pace has gone the other way.
.... though given the unforgiving playing surface at CPF , would his legs/ fitness be able to deliver playing home games there for a season or two... hence my suggestion of Banbury

Back
Top Bottom