Manager/Coach Robbo out. Thread number 2

Should KR go now?

• Yes, now.

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Yes, if we don't make the play-offs.

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • No, talk again at the end of next season.

Votes: 104 40.0%
  • No.

Votes: 128 49.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has brought some real entertainment over the last few years. Two six goal wins away from home and of course 7-2 at Gillingham..
Brannagan being injured at a key time and a poor decision against Plymouth left our play off dreams in tatters.
Robinson can be credited with bringing in real talent, developing Dickie, Atkinson…who scored yesterday, and now McNally. Let’s not forget Gavin Whyte and others who we will see the best of next season.
The crowds have been so supportive.
I don’t see how letting him go will help the club along any further. I agree our defence needs to be better to be in the mix. We also need to have that ability to hold to an early goal when we get one.
If there is any weakness I’d say we need a defensive coach who can get the nest out of players. For me Craig Short isn’t cutting it.
I see we’re linked with a Leyton Orient player as are others. Let’s go and get him.
With Browne and Baldock ready for next season, we should be excited.
It was never going to a walk in the park with Wigan, Rotherham and Sunderland fighting with us for a place in the higher league.
With the experience of the last three seasons, and good players for next season, we have a great chance to finally do it

We should get a poll on this thread to see the general mood.

Personally for me, unless we lose every game from now until the end of the season or something, he should be given one more shot. I’d need playoff final or promotion though to be convinced after that.

OUFC is surely just a small to medium-size provincial club. Reasonable to expect us to take football in Oxfordshire by storm, but nowhere else. I imagine we'd all be happy with a few successive seasons in tier two, but expectations shouldn't be any higher. We've been close to achieving promotion three seasons running under Karl Robinson.

We can criticise some of his signings and some of his tactics, but overall he's doing a decent job and I can't see managerial talent queuing up to replace him. KR in and let's enjoy the ride more often than not.

Crazy thread!
Yesterday was hugely disappointing. But what a memorable season we’ve been given so far. Home form has been fantastic. The Kassam has had a real buzz about it, possibly only ever matched by the Appleton Promotion era helped by the Ultras.
The football has been the best I’ve ever witnessed from an Oxford team. And we’ve had some brilliant away days too. Gillingham was good fun, and watching Oxford take apart Charlton was epic.

He has brought some real entertainment over the last few years. Two six goal wins away from home and of course 7-2 at Gillingham..
Brannagan being injured at a key time and a poor decision against Plymouth left our play off dreams in tatters.
Robinson can be credited with bringing in real talent, developing Dickie, Atkinson…who scored yesterday, and now McNally. Let’s not forget Gavin Whyte and others who we will see the best of next season.
The crowds have been so supportive.
I don’t see how letting him go will help the club along any further. I agree our defence needs to be better to be in the mix. We also need to have that ability to hold to an early goal when we get one.
If there is any weakness I’d say we need a defensive coach who can get the nest out of players. For me Craig Short isn’t cutting it.
I see we’re linked with a Leyton Orient player as are others. Let’s go and get him.
With Browne and Baldock ready for next season, we should be excited.
It was never going to a walk in the park with Wigan, Rotherham and Sunderland fighting with us for a place in the higher league.
With the experience of the last three seasons, and good players for next season, we have a great chance to finally do it

so Craig Short isn’t cutting it, and developing Atkinson, McNally is purely down to KR? hmm

I think the problem for me is that I have doubts on wether KR will learn from his mistakes. I mean he didn’t learn this season from last, what makes you all think something will change next season? Can he be trusted with 2 more windows? How long will the money be there for us? It’s same issues every season, yes we look a fantastic team when teams let us play, but when the going gets tough we are turned over far too much by the ‘better’ teams in the division which is why we’ll never be a top 2 team under KR. All successful teams are built with a solid defence, KR seems unable to do this.

A big point that no one has mentioned is how well Karl deals with things like the loss of Joey. I would rather have a manager who cares about the history and traditions of our club and playing attractive football than a Clotet type who doesn’t care, doesn’t understand football and turns us back into a boring lower-League 1 level club rather than the exciting, promotion-chasing team we are at the moment.

One week has done some funny things to people.

Crazy stuff- he's got flaws, but he gets far more right than he does wrong. Even Wilder had a weird blind spot when it came to spotting strikers, so KR's peculiar obsession with wingers can be excused. He needs to tighten up the the back four, but he's not stupid and will know that. If he does get a good budget this summer, then he will be expected to deliver top six, at least. And if not, he'll probably be moved on. But in 12 months or so, not now.

Well at least this thread has given me a good laugh but April fools has long past.

I for one want to see K R here next season, the football has been great to watch on the whole this season and if we do miss out this season ( it’s not completely over yet ) I have no doubt we will be challenging at the right end of the table next season. To get rid of a manager who has delivered our highest three football league finishes in twenty years ( provided we finish in the top eight) would be madness. It could be worse we could support Portsmouth.

This forum often goes OTT after a loss but i have to chuckle when those who want him gone state give him until Christmas or next season if we don't reach the Play Offs pull the trigger.

As we are seeing this season there are very fine margins between reaching the Play Offs or not and yet again it's as though some posters still think that reaching them means promotion. To think that some say Karl never learns!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom