Ex Player Raglan joins Vale on loan

Would anyone of taken Williamson off our hands apart from if we paid all his wages? It’s all well and good saying we should get rid of this one or that one but that requires another interested party, who would take a player who looks shot?

FFS, therefore if you don't think faz had a big say in the decision, then you agree that eels did?
I think that Faz had a very big say in the decision. I reckon it would have been Faz's decision actually....

How do you know. Some absolute;ly ridiculous comments on here.

One CB had to go. I would reckon that Mousinho and Williamson would be on more money than Raglan. On the basis that we have too many CB's, why on earth would DE ignore any advice and get rid of Raglan if DF preferred Mous or Williamson (or Martin) .

I reckon that DF does not rate Raglan and has him at the bottom of the list.

Sorry mate, I don't really understand what you are commenting on.
I simply said eels has the final say, I don't doubt that faz gave advice, and no doubt eels listened to him.

Lets just hope following Tuesdays debacle that faz doesn't get the job until the end of the season, otherwise we are in Patterson territory again.

I think that Faz had a very big say in the decision. I reckon it would have been Faz's decision actually....
I really hope not, and that a new manager is pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Raglan coming back from a long stint out. As we're out of all cups we can't afford 4 or 5 league games to get him match sharp. Hopefully he'll do well at PV and get good game time but I think it's the sensible move for him at this point.

I’m still fuming about Eales’ bad back-pass to Eastwood which eventually led to the Bury equaliser.
He must have been thinking about all those hot dogs he could pay for with the win bonus. Frankfurters vs chipolatas vs a traditional sausage. No more chorizo at OUFC...

What a shocking decision this really is wtf is going on at the club,raglan is a far better cb than the crocks we have already playing there,him with a fit Nelson could be some partnership!!!
This thread is truly bizarre. We are talking about a bloke who is 24, has played more non league than league games, was given a free by Chesterfield and who looked ( at best) just about adequate when he had a run of games alongside Nelson, one of the best CB's in L1. If Raglan is the future, then we really are in trouble......

This thread is truly bizarre. We are talking about a bloke who is 24, has played more non league than league games, was given a free by Chesterfield and who looked ( at best) just about adequate when he had a run of games alongside Nelson, one of the best CB's in L1. If Raglan is the future, then we really are in trouble......

I think it just highlights how poor our other options are (Obviously not including Dickie in that having not seen him play)

Hardly rocket science. Who makes the final decision/carries the can/sanctions purchases where you work??

Ultimately eels decision.

I’m self employed so I have the privileges of doing all of the above.

I’m happy to trust that the football people at the club make the football decisions.

Suggesting Eales is to blame is bizarre.

Unless you feel DE is making all of the footballing decisions?

I’m still fuming about Eales’ bad back-pass to Eastwood which eventually led to the Bury equaliser.

You stew over that dear.
I’m still fuming at the mess he is making of bringing a new manager in, when the perfect opportunity was missed a week ago, giving him time to get to know the club before the Charlton game.
I know I shouldn’t criticise your doyenne, but unlike you sweetie, I’m not happy with the way our club is being run atm.

At 24 he has time to improve (and IMO was doing so before he got injured) and even 'just about adequate' is actually an improvement on a couple of the other CBs at the club!

I’m self employed so I have the privileges of doing all of the above.

I’m happy to trust that the football people at the club make the football decisions.

Suggesting Eales is to blame is bizarre.

Unless you feel DE is making all of the footballing decisions?

So you enuinly think Eales has nothing to do with the final decision making?

So you enuinly think Eales has nothing to do with the final decision making?

Im happy to accept Eales makes the final decision, however the coaching/recruitment team will make 90% of the decision and arrange a move for Raglan.

Placing the blame at the door of Eales is entirely wrong in my eyes. He will be supporting his footballing staff and backing their decisions.

If you want to peddle an anti-Eales agenda thats fine, you can criticise him for many things, but I dont feel allowing a previously injured CB leave on loan is one of them.

Does anyone actually think Raglan is good enough for a top half Div 1 team?

Thought he always came across well, but not good enough hence why he has been loaned to a Div 2 side.

Does anyone actually think Raglan is good enough for a top half Div 1 team?

Thought he always came across well, but not good enough hence why he has been loaned to a Div 2 side.

I’m not sure that’s the point. Do you think martin, Williamson and mous are good enough for the top half of l1 , as raglan is slightly better than them

Back
Top Bottom