Charlie Raglan

At a time when we should be looking to strengthen the squad and increase in size, kr decides to move out a player who was far more useful as a player in the 11 or on the bench, than some of the crocs he has brought in. This will hit home more if Nelson leaves in the summer, and we have to go looking for support in central defence, in Raglan, we had someone who could have slotted straight in. Unfortunately he wasn't one of the favoured ones.

At a time when we should be looking to strengthen the squad and increase in size, kr decides to move out a player who was far more useful as a player in the 11 or on the bench, than some of the crocs he has brought in. This will hit home more if Nelson leaves in the summer, and we have to go looking for support in central defence, in Raglan, we had someone who could have slotted straight in. Unfortunately he wasn't one of the favoured ones.
Unfortunately he wasn’t good enough than as a back up, what if nelson leaves in this window?

Wasn't one of the favoured ones?? That's bollox
He went to Port Vale last season and was poor near the bottom.of League 2.
We may need another CB but please let's not pretend it should be Raglan

Wasn't one of the favoured ones?? That's bollox
He went to Port Vale last season and was poor near the bottom.of League 2.
We may need another CB but please let's not pretend it should be Raglan

"That's bollox" :LOL:
How the hell do you know how badly he played at every game for Port Vale?
I couldn't give a rats a**e about Stoke reserves. I am an Oxford Fan, and he is an Oxford player. When I've watched him, he has played well. A million times more would I prefer to see Raglan in the defence than Long, who, I believe, has a much poorer record playing for Oxford than Raglan.

"That's bollox" :LOL:
How the hell do you know how badly he played at every game for Port Vale?
I couldn't give a rats a**e about Stoke reserves. I am an Oxford Fan, and he is an Oxford player. When I've watched him, he has played well. A million times more would I prefer to see Raglan in the defence than Long, who, I believe, has a much poorer record playing for Oxford than Raglan.
Port Vale were not interested in keeping him.
He was let go by Chesterfield (being relegated to League 2) and was poor by all accounts at Port Vale (As an Oxford fan I am sure that you followed him and are aware of this)
He was not comparing with Long who is generally a full back and 4th choice CB.
I am not suggesting that We don't ideally need another CB but don't reckon that Raglan is the answer.
I wish the guy the best of luck but would be surprised if he plays above league 2. Time will tell ...

Raglan was one of a few available on a free at the start of the season. Obika, Long being the others. People in the game saw him at Port Vale and see who they and he struggled. He even couldn’t hold down at regular place. Why do you think he and we found it hard to move on? It’s because he’s simply not good enough.

Port Vale were not interested in keeping him.
He was let go by Chesterfield (being relegated to League 2) and was poor by all accounts at Port Vale (As an Oxford fan I am sure that you followed him and are aware of this)
He was not comparing with Long who is generally a full back and 4th choice CB.
I am not suggesting that We don't ideally need another CB but don't reckon that Raglan is the answer.
I wish the guy the best of luck but would be surprised if he plays above league 2. Time will tell ...

How on earth can you know all of his performances at Port Vale were poor?
I was comparing him to long, as they play in the same position, and simply saying that if anyone should go this window it is long. Raglan has more ability, and adaptability, hence his goal today.

The problem was Raglan was never given a fair crack at the whip under kr , neither was Norman.

Raglan was one of a few available on a free at the start of the season. Obika, Long being the others. People in the game saw him at Port Vale and see who they and he struggled. He even couldn’t hold down at regular place. Why do you think he and we found it hard to move on? It’s because he’s simply not good enough.

Alternative English....
Stella or 1664 induced??

Nope, tee total as on kid duty. I’ll rephrase. He is s**t and not the standard needed for a league one side. Have you seen Macc’s goals today? Forget the goal he scored, what’s the defending all about?

Robinson tried to get shot in the summer of 18. He had no takers. Why’s that? He was on Loan at Vale and struggled. Now you don’t have to be a follower of Port Vale to learn how average he was(in L2) go to a Vale forum and search his name. Why didn’t they want to keep him on? He wouldn’t have cost nothing. Why didn’t any other league 2 side want him?

Back
Top Bottom