• New Forum Rules + Warning Points system, please see: this post.

Ex Player Canice Carroll - joins scum

Bigfella72

Crickey Ricky, I really have upset you. My use of 'window licker' was not meant in anyway to draw comparisons to folk with disabilities such as Downs. If I have offended then I am truly sorry.
Now back to what I am trying to say (being more careful with my words). Those that compare CC to Hitler and his beard to a Muslim, bearing in mind he is one of our own that fell out of favour with the current management, is unintelligent. Don't get me wrong, I am all for banter at the best of times but some of the comments on this thread and across social media are embarrassing.
Keep it real (it's only football!)
You were making a lot of sense until the last bit! 😉Only football he says 🙄😂

mooro

Some of the chants yesterday were a little embarrassing to listen to. Maybe it's being older, but I really don't care a whole lot about Carroll going to Swindon on loan.
So what were these chants then and more to the point what the hell was the point of them?
In what way does chanting presumably offensive (or at least derogatory) things about someone who isn't there who has moved on loan to play for a team that we weren't playing achieve anything??

Personally, I would like to see someone who has come through our system make a success of his career, not least a vote of confidence for all those who work in our set-up, so the way that some of our alumni are treated will forever astound me.

Ricky Otto

Crickey Ricky, I really have upset you. My use of 'window licker' was not meant in anyway to draw comparisons to folk with disabilities such as Downs. If I have offended then I am truly sorry.
Now back to what I am trying to say (being more careful with my words). Those that compare CC to Hitler and his beard to a Muslim, bearing in mind he is one of our own that fell out of favour with the current management, is unintelligent. Don't get me wrong, I am all for banter at the best of times but some of the comments on this thread and across social media are embarrassing.
Keep it real (it's only football!)
It’s not that you’ve upset just me or that I’m some sort of sensitive little soul that gets easily offended in the world. I can assure you I’m not that ilk.

It’s that you were unpleasant towards and perpetuated a negativity towards thousands of perfectly lovely kind people.

Thank you for apologizing. I hope it goes deeper than that and you’ll amend your ways to speak in kinder terms in future

derek

Straight into the team against Macclesfield last week and started yesterday too. Praised by manager for making the right decision in the final third "at times".

sideshowrob

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
He scored for them on Saturday. I really think he should be fined for this. :)

Top Bottom