Ex Player Napa Joins Woking

https://t.co/I12VmgDfX9

Lovely lad who I think could've had a real crack at a decent EFL career if not for injuries. Definitely one to keep an eye on in the future if he can kick on at Woking.

Must say Jolteon, for a new poster who didn’t post for years, you sure are getting the hang of this..... [emoji102]

How do you know he’s a lovely lad and what are you basing the theory that he could have had a decent EFL career if not for injuries?

For me, I was never convinced. Think he’s found his level at Woking but more than happy to be proven wrong.

All the best to him, injuries have beset him so we don't know what he could have been capable of, or what he's still yet to do.

That being said, I don't think it helped when Karl was bigging him up as a big star for the future the minute he came through the door. Only setting him up for a fall that.

Just Karl getting a claim in in case Napa prospered.

Good luck Malachi.

All the best to him, injuries have beset him so we don't know what he could have been capable of, or what he's still yet to do.

That being said, I don't think it helped when Karl was bigging him up as a big star for the future the minute he came through the door. Only setting him up for a fall that.

It’s what KR does and he does caveat it with the usual ‘if he works hard’. It’s probably better than the brutally honest approach of ‘well, he’s nowhere near good enough and is a National League player at best’.

I thought Napa looked a tad too slight to play League football. He seems to have found a level he can play at and a club he fits in at. Good luck to him and we may well cross paths again with him.

Must say Jolteon, for a new poster who didn’t post for years, you sure are getting the hang of this..... [emoji102]

How do you know he’s a lovely lad and what are you basing the theory that he could have had a decent EFL career if not for injuries?

For me, I was never convinced. Think he’s found his level at Woking but more than happy to be proven wrong.
Blimey didn't expect an interrogation for this post, some of my others have been much more presumptuous 😂 To answer the first point, I'm only just starting to post here but forum life isn't new to me. I was staff on a much less interesting gaming forum for a few years. I lead a very simple life 😂

As for Napa, the lovely lad part is based purely on the interviews with him, and the anecdotal evidence from others at the club. From what I've seen people were very complementary of his personality and attitude around the training ground. I'd like to think if he was secretly a massive douche it would've been at least semi public knowledge, seems like half the squad has attitude problems these days if you believe social media, but never personally heard it about Napa. I think the game against Charlton a few years back showed he had the potential, but when your body breaks down as often as his has at his age, he lost out on so much time to grow both as a player technically, and more importantly physically. I'm not saying he was destined for battling for promotion in the Championship, but I definitely think he could've made something at L1/2 level.

Back
Top Bottom