Ex Player Raglan joins Vale on loan

Personally what is more worrying is that whether we find it bizarre or not, it is all a bit even more worrying decisions on player transfer and movements is left to the stand-in. I.E Faz

To me this is either 2 things.

1) New manager is in the background and calling the shots and we are going to get an announcement soon, a bit like when Eales arrived with a whole new team in tow..
2) Chairman is chucking the dice to see how Faz gets on with injured players coming back and hoping to seeing us over the line buying more time for whatever he is planning. As we do not know WTF is in his head because he says naff all to the paying public your guess is good as mine!

I got a few quid on (2) going by recent history.....

Last edited:
Very odd decision indeed IMO. Raglan has a year + to go and neither Williamson nor Mousinho will be here after the summer. Raglan was perfectly decent alongside Nelson last season, and is surely at least as good as Martin? If he is being lent out now then surely that's time up for him at Oxford, although I'm not sure why.

Given that any new manager will be looking at the squad with a dispassionate eye, I am struggling to think of how many of the existing players we will have after the summer - but let's give it a go. (this isn't a list of those I think SHOULD still be here - just those that I think WILL be here!)

Eastwood (If he isn't sold)
Nelson
Hall
Ruffels
Napa
Brannagan
Dickie
Ledson (if he isn't sold)
Rothwell (if he isn't sold)
Carroll
Pekalski
Thomas
Obika
Ricardinho (maybe)
Martin (maybe)

Obviously the loanees will go back.
Mousinho and Williamson are too slow and won't get any quicker, I think they'll go.
Raglan looks like he is off.
If we haven't recalled Hemmings in this window, we never will.
And if we haven't played Roberts we simply won't.
Henry - pretty ineffective, I don't think he will stay.
The foreign legion (GvK, Xemi, Mehmeti), enough said.
Tiendalli - better than he was, but surely a new manager will get rid.

Big rebuilding job in the summer (again).

Personally what is more worrying is that whether we find it bizarre or not, it is all a bit worrying decisions on player transfer and movements is left to the stand-in. I.E Faz

To me this is either 2 things.

1) New manager is in the background and calling the shots and we are going to get an announcement soon, a bit like when Eales arrived with a whole new team in tow..
2) Chairman is chucking the dice to see how Faz gets on with injured players coming back and hoping to seeing us over the line buying more time for whatever he is planning. As we do not know WTF is in his head because he says naff all to the paying public your guess is good as mine!

I got a few quid on (2) going by recent history.....

I reckon that’s the crux of it. If Faz has been given the authority to shape the squad as he sees fit until the end of the season, even as far as loaning players out, I’d say the managers job, until the end of the season, is his to lose. As long as there’s no dramatic collapse results wise.

I think I might be living in a parallel universe. Raglan looked no more than ok in the games he played for us at the end of last season. He was playing alongside a very strong CB in Nelson, and Raglan did nothing to suggest he might develop into one of our better players.....he's now available for loan, and the fact that no L1 clubs came in for him tells you everything. It's pretty much the same as the ridiculous Kane Hemmings thread. Player has a lot of chances at L1. Never looks more than just about ok. Goes out on loan to L2 club. And is then immediately re-cast as a lost talent!!!

What a shocking decision this really is wtf is going on at the club,raglan is a far better cb than the crocks we have already playing there,him with a fit Nelson could be some partnership!!!

Raglan needs to build up match fitness so this loan makes sense to me. He was ok but I never thought he was as good as some are making him out to be.

Signed a 2 year contract in the summer so could return next season after getting done much needed game time at Vale!!
Exactly. Unlikely that he would play consistently for the rest of the season (although I appreciate many would like that).
Better he gets game time and fitness there then comes back next season when one or two of our CB 's have left.

If faz has made the initial move in this decision, then after his first game in charge being a farce, it's looking like a long winter.

As others have suggested Raglan is the best centre half that we have available to us. I'm going to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt and assume that Dickie is has shown to be better and will be in the team with Mous' starting on Saturday.

TBH if Dickie turns out to be good no-one will be questioning this decision come the end of the season. It's a big IF mind. :)

Hardly rocket science. Who makes the final decision/carries the can/sanctions purchases where you work??

Ultimately eels decision.
Rubbish.
I can not believe that DF would have had a huge say in who went (there is little doubt we had too many CBs).
My guess is that DF didn't rate Raglan especially coming back from injury.

Rubbish.
I can not believe that DF would have had a huge say in who went (there is little doubt we had too many CBs).
My guess is that DF didn't rate Raglan especially coming back from injury.
FFS, therefore if you don't think faz had a big say in the decision, then you agree that eels did?

Of course he does, or at least have the final say.
How do you know. Some absolute;ly ridiculous comments on here.

One CB had to go. I would reckon that Mousinho and Williamson would be on more money than Raglan. On the basis that we have too many CB's, why on earth would DE ignore any advice and get rid of Raglan if DF preferred Mous or Williamson (or Martin) .

I reckon that DF does not rate Raglan and has him at the bottom of the list.

Although, on the face of it, this is a strange one, could it be that he's nowhere near match fit and we want him to get games elsewhere, where he may not be under as much pressure?

Also it's strange, isn't it, how when a player isn't playing, he suddenly becomes a much better player in everyone's opinion?!?!

I was thinking the same Colin.
Personally I would have preferred to have got rid of Martin. But Raglan was hardly a Matt Elliott (or even a Chey Dunkley).
Our defensive problems are not due to one CB (we have had numerous CBs and had exactly the same problems after the first 5-6 games- stupid goals conceded. I am not sure that by himself Raglan would have made a huge difference. We need to concentrate and be more organised.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom