General Radox 5 minute Forum

Thanks for the link.

I just listened to it and Robinson sounds blithely unconcerned about the start to the season - we've just got to keep doing what we are doing and things will be alright apparently. Of course, he may well be saying one thing and actually doing/thinking another. It'll be interesting to see tomorrow's line up.

I have to say I’m less concerned this season than last. It feels more like the Mapp first 10 rather than the absolute shambles of last season.
I still think we’re paying the price for players coming in so late, not having a proper preseason or squad in place to cope with the preseason fixtures. Especially with KR mental “playing through fatigue “bull crap.
I think the squad is better just not sure if KR knows what to do with it.

I am not sure I agree with KR’s strategy on this one. It was inevitable that you are going to get injuries throughout the season and is why you need to recruit to either have cover in each area or players versatile enough to cover multiple positions. If I was the chairman I would say, work with what you’ve got.

He is paid to have the tactical capability to find a solution. He has Gorrin, Mousinho, Thorne, Ruffles, Baptiste that can play in the defensive midfield role, and Long and Cadden that can play in at right back. A free agent is either going to be expensive in the short term or not at match fitness to play from the off.

I am not sure I agree with KR’s strategy on this one. It was inevitable that you are going to get injuries throughout the season and is why you need to recruit to either have cover in each area or players versatile enough to cover multiple positions. If I was the chairman I would say, work with what you’ve got.

He is paid to have the tactical capability to find a solution. He has Gorrin, Mousinho, Thorne, Ruffles, Baptiste that can play in the defensive midfield role, and Long and Cadden that can play in at right back. A free agent is either going to be expensive in the short term or not at match fitness to play from the off.

There is having the odd injury throughout the season and then there is having a player out for 3 months. You can't build a squad that has enough quality in it and also big enough to cope with 3 month injuries. You either go for quantity over quality or the other way round. Robinson, like MApp did was go for quality over quanity.

Do we really need cover for Hansen?

Although when we signed it was probably with him being a likely 1st team regular, he has turned out to be a squad player.

Save the money and spend it on the defence in Jan. I’d much rather have another centre back to challenge / be a realistic back up for Dickie or Moore. We need more options / quality across the back.

Do we really need cover for Hansen?

Although when we signed it was probably with him being a likely 1st team regular, he has turned out to be a squad player.

Save the money and spend it on the defence in Jan. I’d much rather have another centre back to challenge / be a realistic back up for Dickie or Moore. We need more options / quality across the back.
I think the club will balance up the squad come January, it’s whether there is the quality of CB out there now to be a back up, or wait until January to go into the market again, probably easier to find a replacement for Hanson now on a short term deal than a back up CB even though it’s the defence that needs looking at.

If the OOC replacement takes as long to get fit as Agyie Hanson will probably be back first.

If the OOC replacement takes as long to get fit as Agyie Hanson will probably be back first.

If it was Josh McEachran then according to somebody on RadOx, he has been training with us. I haven't a clue if it is true or not.

I think the club will balance up the squad come January, it’s whether there is the quality of CB out there now to be a back up, or wait until January to go into the market again, probably easier to find a replacement for Hanson now on a short term deal than a back up CB even though it’s the defence that needs looking at.

People seem to forgetting we have Nico Jones available and KR is willing to use young players. Also Jones did well when he played last season.

If it was Josh McEachran then according to somebody on RadOx, he has been training with us. I haven't a clue if it is true or not.
Not sure he’s been training with us but definitely with Birmingham apparently

Back
Top Bottom