General Radox 5 minute Forum

Not a specific timeframe promise on the stadium I agree. Plenty of other promises on other matters. I just don't see how they can possibly identify a site, get planning permission and deal with all objections before the end of the season. And on that basis, it'll be the current place IF anything actually is to be announced as '100%'.

That’s all fair. Perhaps a public announcement of a MOU with a local authority or two might be the most we can expect.

Last edited:
Not a specific timeframe promise on the stadium I agree. Plenty of other promises on other matters. I just don't see how they can possibly identify a site, get planning permission and deal with all objections before the end of the season. And on that basis, it'll be the current place IF anything actually is to be announced as '100%'.

I took it as there will be an announcement on what they intend to do rather than it would actually be done.

They might be announcing a better stadium deal !

I took it as there will be an announcement on what they intend to do rather than it would actually be done.
Well yes, but if they intend to build a new stadium, there is many a slip tween cup and lip. And to say we were going to move '100%' they would presumably have to have identified the land, raised the money and got at least some sort of planning approval? Because to say they 'intend 100%' to build a new place means absolutely nothing. I 'intend 100%' to become a millionaire but if I haven't done anything to make it happen (and TBH I haven't!) it is pie in the sky. However let's bookmark the promise that's been made and wait until the end of the season with crossed fingers - it's all we CAN do.
Personally (if they can make it work financially AND for the club somehow) I wouldn't be against staying at Grenoble Road - we could do a lot with it if it was ours. I realise this is an anathema to some people.

For what it's worth, my take on that mention of 100% is - That kind of talk does not adhere to the normal management speak to which we have become accustomed to with NMcW and therefore, I think we can believe that it actually has some veracity.

This weeks forum with Tiger will provide an opportunity to push further on this subject. I don't believe Tiger will have an answer because it's not his remit but, he might yet give us some confirmation of progress. Zaki's next appearance will be the one for something more concrete.

FFS one of the questions " will we get a refund because the Bury is now off " Jeez your still saving with the loss of one game, think along the lines that I've donated money to the club along with over 4,000 others :mad:
Someone suggested the same thing on facebook a while ago, unbelievable really! I'm surprised the question was even read out!

Back
Top Bottom